Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all!

When i try login via web interface on our RSS 2000 (software version 1.1.0.001 , i receive message "username or password error, please try again". I tried reset administrator's password to default via rs232 interface, i typed the command "reset password" and received a message "Password has been successfuly reset". But when I try login with default login "Administrator" and password "polycom" i receive error message again. I've tried also whit :

1. User name: administrator, Password: polycom

2. User name: POLYCOM, Password: POLYCOM

Are there any other methods to log into the system?

I will be grateful for any help.

Kind Regards

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HiSkySurfer

I've solved
even in the obvious way, the problem was internet explorer,
I created a VM with xp ie5 and password have been accepted

Tnk U

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Ciao All!!!

I also accept crazy and goggled ideas but..........

someone knows how to help me?

kind regards

HP Recommended

Hi

I had a similar problem after trying to update.

I got access to OS RSS via console (KVM).

Analysis of the problems pointed to errors in the execution of the command file update. Update file name was too long and was seen as two lines.

I copied the file with update package on local disk and rename the file by making the name shorter.

Then run the command "upgrade+update_package_file_name"

After successful completion of the upgrade access through web-console was restored

HP Recommended

HiSkySurfer

I've solved
even in the obvious way, the problem was internet explorer,
I created a VM with xp ie5 and password have been accepted

Tnk U

HP Recommended

Dear AlessandroV!

I had lost ip RSS 2000, then I dont reconnect to it. I try connect cosole port but fail (9600,8bit).

You plesea help me: how connect to rs 232 interface (pin, adapter converter, ...)

Thank so much!

HP Recommended

Hello gioiktvt,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am pretty sure we do not disclose within this official Polycom community how to reset / access the RSS if the Admin Password is lost.

Please contact our support team .

We will remove any post replying to this that will publicly explain how to remove/access if the password is lost or forgotten.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.