Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, Currently we have an RSS4000 Rel 6.4.0.0  with 5-  2 terabyte drives.  I currently have 3 terabytes of Recordings stored here. Can I offload these recordings to a Turbo NAS device prior to doing an upgrade and then load them back to the 4000.  I do not want to take a chance of loosing any data. If I do a software update will these recordings be automatically backed up?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi rjn,

You can backup the files from the RSS, this isn't a problem.  (Admin > Data Backup/Restore)

There is not, however, the fuctionality to put those recordings back onto the RSS. 

You can restore an Image backup, but not the recordings.

When an Upgrade/Downgrade/Restoration is performed a backup is not automatically taken.

Though when you install a Software Update you should not lose the files contained on the RSS under normal conditions. 

The possibility of this happening however is plausible for any computer or server, and this is why we always recommend you back up settings and recordings before any upgrade.downgrade/restoration. 

I hope this helps.

Thank You,

Michael West

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.