Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Real Presence Resource Manager and Polycom contacts lists

Occasional Contributor

Real Presence Resource Manager and Polycom contacts lists

Hello,

We have severl RPG500, RPG310 and DEBUTE Polycoms in our company and we would like to manage the contacts lists on the Polycoms from one place.

We have installed a RPRM HyperV virtual machine (v. 10.3.0_26) and set up some Polycoms to use it for a test, but I can't find anywhere how to manage the contacts on the Polycoms.

Is there any way to do that?

For example - To load a contacts list into the RPRM and send it to all the Polycoms, or to create one manually and send it?

Thank you and regards,

Kris

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Advisor

Re: Real Presence Resource Manager and Polycom contacts lists

Hi,

You need to configure the directory servers on your HDX/GS pointing to Resource Manager. All provisioned endpoints on RM will be seen on the endpoints directory or on RM Global Address Book, add some contacts on it. 

Message 2 of 6
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the response.

So if I understand there is no way to import the contacts like I do directly on the Polycom machines?

And there si no way to add some other machines which are not provisioned by RPRM to the global contact list?

Message 3 of 6
Advisor

On RPRM's Global Directory, you can manually add contacts there and it will be pushed on all endpoints with Directory Servers configured

Message 4 of 6
Occasional Contributor

I don't have an option to manually add devices in the Global Address Book.

Screenshot attached.

Message 5 of 6
Advisor

To manually add devices to the directory, that aren't registered to RPRM, you need to add them as Guests.

go into the User menu, and then Guest Book and add them there.

Make sure you have checked the box Show Guestbook entries in the Directory in the Directory Setup settings. Admin>Directories>Directory Setup

Message 6 of 6