Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have some trouble on a specific configuration.

All my endpoints are registered on H.323 on DMA.

However I need to make SIP call to external solution through an RPAD.

On Resource manager, I have enabled SIP Routing through RPAD (also done for H.323)

On DMA, I created a specific dialrule.

However all sip calls failed directly on the dma 

I have this on DMA : connect_sip_ext_address : sip:<sipuri>:5061

H.323 call works are properly forwarded to RPAD.

Did I missed something on my configuration

Version of DMA : 9.0.1_P2_Build_6134

Version of RPAD : 4.2.5_build_236400

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you enable the SIP service on the DMA? If so, look under Reports, Call History for the SIP call. Then look at call details to see if there was an error message. This may indicate the next step to resolve this issue.

S.

HP Recommended

Do you have all the proper firewall ports open between DMA and your SIP registrar?

HP Recommended

On the DMA I have the following error 

Rejected : The dial string could not be resolved to an address.

What I don't understand here, is why the call is not transferred to RPAD. 

In H.323 I don't have any issues

And there is port open from DMA to SIP Registrar, but it's the case between RPAD and sip registrar.

SIP signaling is enabled, and I specified specific routing on the resource manager to use "SIP Routing allowed via SIP aware SBC or ALG"

HP Recommended

Have you tested the dial rule on the dma dial rule page? What does the test say?

HP Recommended

Hi,

By default, the list of domains is empty under Call Server > Domains (for Domain Restriction). This means all domains are local. If you try to dial using a domain name, like 123@t.plcm.vc, it will not route to the RPAD because the DMA thinks t.plcm.vc belongs to the DMA. Therefore, you have to add the local domain, using the domain of the DMA to the list. Then it will forward all other domain dial strings out using the ALG defined in the site topology.

https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/dma-ag-10-0-0-3/page/c-dma-ops-domains-restrictions.html

S.

HP Recommended

This is what I've thought but the list is not empty.

Also I tested the dialrule and it's properly match (resolve external address)

Also remember, my Group 310 are only registered in H323 to the DMA.

Do I need to add the RPAD as external sip peers on DMA ?

HP Recommended

Yep - it should work as the DMA has a H323 to SIP conversion built-in. Future versions may see this disabled or removed as it provides limited conversion, no content. The admin guide should list all the features this doesn't support.

Can you post the call events to see how the DMA is processing the call. You should see the dial that the DMA found, possibility the dial by external networks one. The see what happens in the next couple of lines. Hopefully it is not a bandwidth issue as set in the site topology.

S.

HP Recommended

Here are the capture

I tried also using Rpad as external sip peer : it works however content sharing is not working (as stated on the admin guide). So it can't be an option for me ....

HP Recommended

Hi,

The capture shows the RPAD rejected the call. So I would look and share the call events from the call history on the RPAD. Another place I would look is in the RAS messages. You need to make sure the DMA is seting a Call Setup (CS) RAS message instead of a Location Request (LRQ) RAS message. An LRQ is used when neighbor H323 gatekeepers are trying to communicate. If the RPAD gets an LRQ, it will look at it's alias table and not find a match. This will cause the RPAD to issue a call reject. 

There are other reasons why this would happen, but the above scenario is most likely in this scenario. 

S.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.