Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Good morning!

Suddenly system alert (level Info) occured on RPRM ( software version is 8.1.1).

It states: "The certificate Polycom-RPRM.domain.by will expire in 60 days".
The alert appeared on October 09, 2014 and the VDM system was installed on December 11,2013 (the difference between the dates= 1 year-60 days ).

So the question is what will happen after expiration day and what should we do to avoid expiration?

Best regards,
Kseniya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ksu,

All certificates have a expiration time. To avoid seeing these alerts, there is a regenerate resource manager certificate option under Admin -> Managment and Security -> Certificate mangement located under Actions (last option). This will redo the certificate and extend the expiration time.

S.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

All Polycom Product delivered with self signed certificate to aviod bodaring in CA is not avilable.

If you have CA insatalled in your premisses then install CA certificate to aviod inconvincence due to same.

BR

Yash Pal

HP Recommended

Ksu,

All certificates have a expiration time. To avoid seeing these alerts, there is a regenerate resource manager certificate option under Admin -> Managment and Security -> Certificate mangement located under Actions (last option). This will redo the certificate and extend the expiration time.

S.

HP Recommended

hi,

Certficat of CMA 4000 (6.0) i s also expired, but i don't have acces to extend expiration time:

https://www.casimages.com/i/190212070401936359.jpg.html

i tried to

From the CMA, request a CSR to a CA

Process the request on my CA (win 2008R2)

Apply the root certificate of my CA to the CMA.

Apply the CRL of my CA  to the CMA

Apply the new host certificate to the CMA.

reboot

Delete the newly applied certificate

Delete the newly root certificate of my CA

Tell the CMA to use the default certificate

reboot

but when i choose to use default self signed certificat i have the same expiration date (02-11-2019)

please help none of my users can use visioconferencing !!

Adrien

create CSR, 

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.