Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello All,

i just installed VBP 5300 Series in our enviroment but i am finding it very difficult to ping the LAN interface.. the connection goes thus..

The WAN INterface is connected directly to Cisco Firewall while the LAN interface is connected to one of our POP Core..

if i assign same(LAN) IP Address to my Laptop and connect to the pop core i can ping.

Can someone assist with this.. is there sometin i am not doing well.

Urgent response needed

Many Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The default gateway of the LAN interface of a VBP is the WAN interface. If the IP address of the device you are initiating the ping from is not on the same network as the LAN interface of the VBP then you probably need to set up a route command. For example, let's say the LAN interface of the VBP is on the 172.16.x.x network and the device initiating the ping is on the 192.168.1.x network. When the VBP receives the ping request it will try to send the reply to the WAN interface because 192.168.1.x is not on the LAN interface network. In this case you would set up a Route command to tell the VBP to send any traffic destined for the 192.168.x network to the default gateway of the 172.16.x.x network.

HP Recommended

Many thanks Mike, the route command has been defined and still cant ping 

HP Recommended

Pls is there a command line to configure the route pattern via the console?

HP Recommended

Without knowing the route configuration you made or your network infrastructure it's hard for me to provide any additional advice. At this point I think your best option is to open a support ticket.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.