Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi friends

I have VBP-e 5300 and CMA 4000 ; i want achieve following;

1. Endpoint on private network should be able to connect endpoint on public network

2. Endpoint on public network should be able to connect endpoint on private network

my network is 10.1.0.0 subnet 255.255.0.0

can somebody please send me simple configuration steps

abdul

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Take a look at VBP Configuration Guide -> Configuring the VBP E-Series Appliance for LAN-side Gatekeeper Mode. This seems as just your case.

HP Recommended
Thanks, Mike, I did that confgiruation; it is fine if someone call us to Endpoint (LAN) from public IP, it is coming through VBP E & CMA; however if we call from Enpoint(LAN) to public IP, it is going through my coorporate NAT rather than going through CMA and VBP e; please assist ,. Attached is the pic of tracert resutl from endpoint.. if you need more detail please let us know
HP Recommended

Abdul,

I can assume that your CMA site isn't properly configured for Internet calls. Define Routing/Bandwidth as 'Allowed via H.323 aware SBC or ALG' with the VBP IP address. Take a look at CMA Operation Guide -> 'Add/Edit Site Dialog Box' and 'Dial Rule Operations' for more details. Pay attention to use of prefix.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.