Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VB e and CMA configuration

Occasional Contributor

VB e and CMA configuration

Hi friends

I have VBP-e 5300 and CMA 4000 ; i want achieve following;

1. Endpoint on private network should be able to connect endpoint on public network

2. Endpoint on public network should be able to connect endpoint on private network

my network is 10.1.0.0 subnet 255.255.0.0

can somebody please send me simple configuration steps

abdul

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

Re: VB e and CMA configuration

Take a look at VBP Configuration Guide -> Configuring the VBP E-Series Appliance for LAN-side Gatekeeper Mode. This seems as just your case.

WBR,
Mike
--------------------------------------------
“Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns- the ones we don't know we don't know.”
― Donald Rumsfeld
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Mike, I did that confgiruation; it is fine if someone call us to Endpoint (LAN) from public IP, it is coming through VBP E & CMA; however if we call from Enpoint(LAN) to public IP, it is going through my coorporate NAT rather than going through CMA and VBP e; please assist ,. Attached is the pic of tracert resutl from endpoint.. if you need more detail please let us know
Message 3 of 4
Honored Contributor

Abdul,

I can assume that your CMA site isn't properly configured for Internet calls. Define Routing/Bandwidth as 'Allowed via H.323 aware SBC or ALG' with the VBP IP address. Take a look at CMA Operation Guide -> 'Add/Edit Site Dialog Box' and 'Dial Rule Operations' for more details. Pay attention to use of prefix.

WBR,
Mike
--------------------------------------------
“Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns- the ones we don't know we don't know.”
― Donald Rumsfeld
Message 4 of 4