Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VBP 5300 E and CMA 4000 Communication Issues

dcentanzo
Occasional Visitor

VBP 5300 E and CMA 4000 Communication Issues

We have a CMA 4000 (v. 5.4), RMX 1000 and VBP 5300 E ( 11.2.6) and RSS. There was a need to change the internal IP addresses. After the changes were made to all equipment, we can make connections internally after the change but we cannot make outgoing or in-coming calls. I can web into the VBP, RMX , CMA and RSS. We can see the RMX and the RSS in the CMA but do not see the VBP.  We only have the option to add a VBP -ST not E. On the CMA we have made the correct change  of the VBP inside address in the sites/ routing/ bandwidth portion. Is there another setting I need to change on the CMA and/or VBP to get these two to communicate to eat other? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alex_FurlonG

Re: VBP 5300 E and CMA 4000 Communication Issues

Check Routes on your VBP.

Message 2 of 4
Mike_v
Honored Contributor

@dcentanzo wrote:

... We can see the RMX and the RSS in the CMA but do not see the VBP.  We only have the option to add a VBP -ST not E...

This is normal. Routing through VBP is configured in CMA Site's properties.

If your VBP acts in LAN side GK mode (I guess it is so) check if the LAN/Subscriber-side GK address is pointed to CMA.

Hope this could help

WBR,

Mike

WBR,
Mike
--------------------------------------------
“Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns- the ones we don't know we don't know.”
― Donald Rumsfeld
Message 3 of 4
YashPal
Valued Contributor

Please check to register any of endpoint direcly on vbp in emberded mode then try to place call.CMA shows status of vbp st box only not of vbp e box

BR
Yash Pal
BR
Yash
Message 4 of 4