Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

we have a client with both VBP's (5300e, 5300st) but there is no CMA. Currently the VBP-E runs embedded GK mode, all endpoints register here. Calls to/from public IP addresses work fine.

Can the VBP-ST be used to remotely register clients (Realpresence on iPad) to the VBP-E? I think this requires CMA but would like clarification. If not, can we make use of the VOIP traversal feature somehow?

Thanks

Tom

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Yes - you need a CMA or RPRM to make this work. The RP mobile clients would register via LDAP and get the provisioning profile from the CMA. You can run the RP mobile without having to log into any provisioning server, but this would be calling through the VBP-E unit.

The VOIP transversal feature has not been tested as working using SIP Video. Orginailly this was for SIP audio only. I have heard rumors someone is working on this to make sure this can work with SIP video.

S.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. Canyou explain RPRM? Or do you mean RPM for iOS/Android?

Also, if remote GK registration won't work, is there a way to enable H.460 traversal, to overcome the NAT issues at the remote users home router device? Currently a home user can dial in 'IP' to the VBP-E but their incoming video is blocked. Is there any way to use H.460 with this setup?

Thanks again,

Tom

HP Recommended

Tom,

RPRM - Real Presence Resource Manager - aka the next generation of CMA.

Your VBP-ST should have H.460 enabled. The first thing I would try is to mess with the settings on the endpoint. I would make the endpoint NAT aware so it know to send the NAT'ed IP address instead of the private IP address. Next I would try to set up the internal endpoint in the "DMZ". Linksys for example has a DMZ feature which it will not process any stateful packet inspection coming into this IP address. If this didn't work, then I would configure the endpoint to use fixed ports and forward those ports to the endpoints IP address on the home firewall router.

S.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.