Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am upgrading VBP 5300 E from 9.5.1 to 11.2.12. I am getting an error as " MISSING CHECKSUM FILE". I have attached the screenshot. Kindly help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is there a reason why you are using an FTP server at 192.168.1.200? I would use the official Polycom ftp server located at 140.242.64.246. I have included the screenshot from my system which shows the other settings as well.

If by chance you don't have access to the Internet for FTP from the VBP, then your scenario of using a LAN side FTP is appropriate. If this is the case, then I suspect you have copied the bin file which has the upgrade to this ftp server. However, there is another file which also should be copied which has an extension of .sum. You need these 2 files to do an upgrade.

S.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is there a reason why you are using an FTP server at 192.168.1.200? I would use the official Polycom ftp server located at 140.242.64.246. I have included the screenshot from my system which shows the other settings as well.

If by chance you don't have access to the Internet for FTP from the VBP, then your scenario of using a LAN side FTP is appropriate. If this is the case, then I suspect you have copied the bin file which has the upgrade to this ftp server. However, there is another file which also should be copied which has an extension of .sum. You need these 2 files to do an upgrade.

S.

HP Recommended

Hi Simons

Your post helped me a lot. I just changed the ftp address and it worked!!!

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Anant

HP Recommended

Cool - I am glad you got this to work.

On a side note, I unboxed a VBP 5300 the other day and noticed the same thing. The IP address listed in the FTP server was the same IP address as you had indicated. I suspect during the manufacturing process, they are using an internal FTP to load the software which results in this IP address being "saved" in the config.

S.

HP Recommended

Hi anant,

was your VBP key coreect??

HP Recommended

Hi,

I did not input any key during the upgrade. I just made sure my VBP is connected to the internet and the ftp IP of Polycom is correct. While upgradation it did not ask me to input any keys. 

Regards,

Anant

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.