Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a little issue with the DMA VEQ and how to use it with my VBP.

I have a VBP5300E, 2 DMA, 1 CMA and 2 RMX.

On the VBP I configured a Default Alias (VOIP ALG/H323 section), I put a gateway profile of one RMX (id 501030).

So when an external Endpoint make a H323 connexion to my public IP without Alias, an IVR ask for a meeting room id. It work.

I would use the VEQ of the DMA instead of the Gateway of the RMX. I configured the "shared number dialing" on the DMA (id 3000) linked to an Entry queue ( with IVR only) on both RMX (I do what is written on the documentation).

When I change the Default Alias on the VBP with the VEQ of the DMA (id 3000), when an External Endpoint try to connect with my public IP, the connexion failed:

Log on the DMA:

------------------------------------

SIP_URI: sip:3000

CONNECT_VEQ: sip:3000@3000

Dial by virtual entry queue ID

CALL_MESSAGE_RECEIVED

IP_VBP:14098

Q.931 setup

Cound not locate call destination.

--------------------------------------------

If I try to connect with an internal Endpoint directly to the id 3000 (so without the VBP), it work and I receive the IVR message. 

Log on the DMA:

SIP_URI:

sip:3000@mydomainfqdn

CONNECT_VEQ: sip:3000@mydomainfqdn

Dial by virtual entry queue ID

So my question: is it possible to use a DMA VEQ as a "H323 default Alias" configured on the VBP5300E (VEQ is SIP only I think) and if yes, have you an idee why my configuration is not working.

Thank you very much for your help.

Mike.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

i also have a same queery,does it really work for public ip calling??

Regards

Yash Pal

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem.

If you have the solution, I'm interested to know it.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.