Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We have a setup with HDX 8000 and a VBP to call outside.  The VBP WAN interface has a private ip address. This is supported starting software version 11.2.10.  Our VBP software version is 11.2.12.  Unfortunatelly I don't find a configuration guide for recent software (Lateast one is for 11.2.6).

I found the following in the release notes of 11.2.12

==============

New Features introduced in VOS 11.2.10

 8737 – ALG – H.323 WAN/LAN NAT – The system can now be installed behind a perimeter security NAT device. This allows incoming traffic to the public IP to be translated to the systems internal IP. This is typically called a private DMZ which allows devices in this DMZ to be configured with a private RFC1918 IPv4 address. The NAT configuration must be a Public IPv4 address configured

==============

Did someone already configured this?  and can you confirm this is how is should be configured?  Or do we need to configure something else?  Any document/ url link is welcome.

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Under VOIP ALG page, there are some text boxes where you can enter your WAN NAT IP address. The only require is that the NAT IP address must be a 1 to 1 with the VBP WAN IP address.

S.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Under VOIP ALG page, there are some text boxes where you can enter your WAN NAT IP address. The only require is that the NAT IP address must be a 1 to 1 with the VBP WAN IP address.

S.

HP Recommended

Thanks Simons for your quick reply.

Did you try to attach a picture?

When you say "NAT  ip address must be 1 to 1 with WAN ip address".  You mean that public ip address can not be used to nat other ip addresses but only the WAN address of the VBP -  No overlap?  Can you confirm? 

I attached a picture with boxes I think that need  to be completed.

I will test this on Monday and come back to you with a working config.  I hope 🙂

Regards,

HP Recommended

Yes - I tried to attach the same image as you have. You would of course fill out just the WAN NAt address. Your statements are correct in that there is no overlap in the nat statement. This goes for both WAN and LAN. If the LAN was not being Nat'ed, then obviously you would not enter any nat'ed IP address.

S.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Just adding the Pub Wan NAT ip address doesn't help.  Still not able to mame calls outside while receiving calls works.

Still investigating.

HP Recommended

Hello,

The VBP configuration with private LAN and private WAN  ip addresses works fine (software 11.2.12) as far as 1 to 1 NAT is implemented and FW correctly configured.

The configuration mentioned above, is not even mandatory.  It is working without setting the "Public NAT WAN IP address" under VOIP ALG.

Regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.