Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VBP root login on web admin no longer works

etruax

VBP root login on web admin no longer works

I am no longer able to log into the web admin with root and default. It says that "Authentication Failed". I am able to telnet and SSH into the IP address and log in with the root @#$%^&*!() but don't know what to do at that point. I have not changed the root password. I was in looking at some administration of the system and turned on the user and session management feature. I did not create an admin account or anything just looked at the area. My theory is that when I enabled that feature it disabled the root login for webadmin.

Is there a way to create a web administrator account through the telnet or SSH session with root login?

I would rather not default the whole system but I can if needed.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Occasional Advisor

Re: VBP root login on web admin no longer works

Try default as password
Chris
Message 2 of 6
Alki
Polycom Employee

Etraux, once you enable user management, the default "root" account is no longer activated. Once you turn the feature on (even before you create any users) it disables the root account and enables the "admin" account.

You should be able to log in using admin as the user and default as the password.

Message 3 of 6
Cameco
Occasional Visitor

What are the options if both root/default and admin/default is not working on Web GUI for VBP. I can console into the system.

thanks 

Message 4 of 6
Cameco
Occasional Visitor

got it:

cp /etc/default/guipasswd /etc/config/guipasswd     [Enter]

killall -1 boa [Enter]

will reset password to default username will be root for WebGui

Message 5 of 6
Gunslinger27
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I tried the commands but when I log back into the WebGui neither root or admin works.

What did you do after you entered the commands ?

Message 6 of 6