Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all,

I have a CMA 4000 , version 5.5.0.

When i make point to point or multipoint visioconférence (RMX1500), after 2 hours of communication that's automatically finish.

The problem is not from my visio (8h duration call)

I don't think the problem is from my CMA because if I use CMAD with CMAD on point to point that's working fine, but if I use a videoconference system VSX/HDX my call is finish after 2 hours.

If my systems are not recorded to my CMA 4000, there is no problem.

So i think the problem if on the network my the network team don't find anything.

They say there is no timing on the firewall.

Here the screen with Wireshark when we loose the communication.

Have you an idea about test to make?

Thanks for your help.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/6569/snif.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi amundi,

Most common 2 hours disconnect issue cause "TCP Keep-Alive".
End Points send TCP Keep-Alive packet every 2 hours, but it is discarded by firewall.

Please check and change the value of TCP Keep-Alive Timer on Firewall.
Change the value of TCP Keep-Alive Timer more than 2 hours.

HDX Release 3.0.1 or later, TCP Keep-Alive packet send every 30 min.
VSX 9.0.6.1 or later, TCP Keep-Alive packet send every 15 min.

You can change the value of TCP Keep-Alive Timer on HDX and VSX above software release.

How to change the value:
 You should connect to HDX or VSX by telnet.

Command:
 tcp kaInterval value

Example:
 tcp kaInterval 1800
 A keep-alive packet will be sent per 1800 seconds (30 minutes). 

Hope it help
Koh

HP Recommended

Hello Kdan,

Thank you for the answer.

Our FW don't "working"  (not monitored) TCP keepalive , the global TCP time out is 8 hours.

The call is all time cut at 2H (VSX and HDX).

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry I wrote mistake below my previous comments:
 - VSX 9.0.6.1 or later, TCP Keep-Alive packet send every 15 min.

Correct:
 - VSX 9.0.6.1 or later, TCP Keep-Alive packet send every 120 min. (7200 sec.)

*I confirmed it on VSX6000.

Koh

HP Recommended

Hello,

Is there possibility with telnet to change the timing of TCP Keepalive ?

If yes what is the command plz?

My network team say we have no TCP keepalive on the FW, if i can change the time ( + or -) and that's change the timing of the cut ......

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I have the same kind of issue here. Increse the Keep Alive settings on each HDX end point is from my point of view only a work around and not the real solution. Besides the maximum value accepted  is 9000 seconds. In next week i'll do a test connecting with a cross cable (or only with an hub) two HDX to check what happens. If Polycoms says that's a problem on internal firewall settings (and i don't think so..) i expect that the connection will not be cut off after the "keep alive".

The time is always: Keep Alive time setting + ~10 min:

Example:

Keep Alive set to 300 seconds =>  Call was 0:16:13 

Keep Alive set to 600 seconds =>  Call was 0:21:13

Keep Alive set to 1800 seconds (as defualt) => Call was 0:41:13

I'll update you on my test.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Hello OFM,

The problem is probably from the Firewall.

There's some month all connection with my RMX 15000 was cutting after 10mn, and that was the firewall that was reject something.

Actually, for my problem, my network team working to find a solution with the firewall, because when i use system on the same switch than my CMA/Bridge that is working fine.

HP Recommended

If you change this setting to 0 then the codec wont disconnect on its own

2 Hour disconnects are almost always a firewall issue. We use Cisco products on the firewall the setting is this like this increase the timeout and that should fixes the problem

timeout h323 0:09:00 mgcp 0:05:00 sip 0:30:00 sip_media 0:02:00

The other 2 hour disconnect problem we encoutered was also firewall related one of the firmwares release last year for ASA's caused the 2 hour disconnect even though the setting was correct they released a new firmware to fix this

HP Recommended

Hi

I have face same issue 13;15 min or 21;15 min our video call was disconnected.I have tried to get support from polycom, they said this issue is belongs to firewall which blocks the video calls.

After some days polycom support engg diagnosis the issue and he configure 'tcp kainterval 9000' on the polycom VC unit and i found that probleem has been reslove but till the issue is in underobservation.

Lets see.....

Regards

Dhruv

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.