Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

Is it possible to do wildcard directory searches for users from CMAD. If so how do you do it standard wildcards don't seem to work.

Thanks

John

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Not complex wildcard searches, but if you type an incomplete name or UID, the CMA will search using a wildcard search. So if my UID was "Polyuser" and I searched for "Pol" it would return "Polyuser" as the search is treated as a wildcard. It would also return all other users with "Pol" in their names.

But we don't have any explicit wildcard characters.

HP Recommended

Thanks Alki,

Is there any way of forcing the directory to open displaying all users in a group?

Thanks Again

John

HP Recommended

I would also like this feature, I am experimenting with the creation of a local XML file.

HP Recommended

I have tried making changes to the ProvsionData.xml file in Users>AppData>Polycom>CMA Desktop but the search ignores them - my understanding of LDAP is very light though

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.