Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I upgraded from DMA 6.0.2 to DMA 6.0.5 Build 4 and my h323 p2p and DMA VMR hosted calls fail after approximately 100 seconds.  The same scenario happens with direct dial to RMX via h323 prefix.  SIP calls work fine to DMA VMR hosted calls.  Has anyone else seen anything similar? 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Kevin,

I have seen a similar issue with another install which had DMA 6.0.5 loaded. Check your DMA call history to see if there are excessive IRQ being sent. What could be happening is the DMA sends an IRQ to the RMX or endpoint and does not get a response back. After a hanful of failed responses, the call gets dropped.

You can change this behavior by going into you DMA, under Admin, call server, Call Server Settings. Then uncheck the setting: terminate calls based on failed responses to IRQs.

In my case, the DMA and RMX were not at the required software levels, so i suspect the RMX did not know how to respond correctly to the IRQ. This is commonly seen in the endpoints as they have their own software release cycle which sometimes gets out of sync with the rest of the gear. In your case, it could be a network related issue blocking the responses. In either case, try the setting above and let me knowhow it goes...

S.

HP Recommended

Simon,

Could you please explain the difference in handling the "Terminate call..." option between vers. 6.0.4 and 6.0.5?

Having two DMAs in my lab I can compare the behaviour and I see that in with the same endpoints and RMX and this option checked ver. 6.0.4 works fine while 6.0.5 drops the call ):0

By my mind the reason of equipment being in different release cycle is not correct as this could lead to the serious compatibility problems with equipment of other vendors or discontinued and thus to the leak of customer's investment protection.

HP Recommended

We have the same issue! And I can't roll back software version. 

HP Recommended

Mike,

I have not compared the IRQ being sent from the both versions to see what has changed. There are multiple teams within Polycom that develop the code used on the various software/hardware pieces. This often results in very different release dates that are not synched with the other departments. I have personally raised this concern in the past. There are too many examples that offer evidence of this point. I definitely hear your concern and agree with you.

I would suggest opening a formal case with Polycom so the developers can indentify this issue and make the neccessary code changes. I am not part of the TAC process, so my interaction with this process is limited.

Thanks,

S.

HP Recommended

We just had the same issue and couldn't roll back either. After disabling the "Terminate calls based on failed responses to IRQs" in Admin->Call server->Call Server Settings we are no longer experiencing the issue.

HP Recommended

ame issue here _ Add to disable the IRQ optino in DMA.

Admin - Call Server - Call server setting

Terminate call based on failed response...

HP Recommended

Hello all,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Bug is fixed in the next v6.1 (Pending release) and will also be in the future v6.0.6 release.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.