Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi amelnjk! I wonder how did you get access to the console of the server. when I bought it, the vendor installed it and gave me access only to the Web interface. I asked to be able to conect through de console, but they told me it was against the rules, and we could only interact with the product through the Web interface. I have wondered to try and change root password from the console, but have not done it because I don't know if the server will keep working fine after doing it ... 😞

HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm facing the issue from now.

Kindly helo me to solve this

HP Recommended

Hi mike been working all day on that cert issue i need your help please

HP Recommended

can you send me those credential for RDP they probably are the same

HP Recommended

I generated a new cert and have used it on 2 customer systems with good results so far. The only stumbling block is that if you are using the RealPresence Desktop client the highest version you can use is v3.7. The CMA Desktop clients appear to work normally with any version up to v5.2.6 which was the last one released.

If anyone wants me to install the updated certificate we can set something up. The entire process takes less than an hour with most of the time spent waiting for the CMA to reboot twice.

And as a reminder, this is not an official Polycom process. 

HP Recommended

Hello all,

After installing the new certificate,it seems that CMAD and RPD can not connect to directory.

Cmad version 5.2.3-4 can not log in,version 5.0 can login in but can not connect to directory.

The same happens with RPD 3.7,can register but not directory connectivity.

CMA is running 6.2.3 version.

Best Regards,

HP Recommended

This sounds like the computer passowrd is out of sync between the CMA serer and the domain controller.

To correct this, open an elevated command prompt on the domain controller and run the following command:  net user <CMA Server Name>$ <password? /domain

For example, if I have a CMA server computer name in Active DIrectory of cma4000 and want to set the password to Polycom123 I would use the command net user cma4000$ Polycom123 /domain

Once that is done you need to go back to the CMA under Admin > Directories > Enterprise Directory and on the lower half of the screen make sure that "Allow delegate authentication to enterprise directory server" is checked, the Fully Qualified Host Name of the domain controller is entered and the Domain\Computer Name of the CMA server and the password you just created are entered. After you click the Update button you should receive an "Update successful" message.

HP Recommended

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your quick response.

CMA is not configured with an enterprise directory,there is no active directory,there are only the local contacts in the CMA 4000.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

HP Recommended

Sotiris,

From looking at my notes it appears that your system was one of the first ones that I added the updated self-signed certificate to. I stopped doing them shortly after that because I ran into several customers where the new certs did not resolve all of the issues.

Since then I have generated a new certificate and modified the update procedure slightly and have had better results. If you would like, we can set up another session where I can update the certificate again. 

HP Recommended

Hello Mike,

I would really appreciate your help with this solution. you can contact me a tech@sfpq.qc.ca

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.