Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

5.5.1 features back ported to 5.4 branch ?

StephenR
Advisor

5.5.1 features back ported to 5.4 branch ?

Hi Polycom,

We are using a lot of VVX phones in a Skype for Business environment and one of the killer feature is the QoE support. Problem is, moving everybody to 5.5.1 is a tremendous task because of the new GUI and you probably know, people are pretty conservative about phones and it's not that easy to upgrade to 5.5.1 like this. 

So i have two questions, both of them might be a solution for us:

Do you plan to back port QoE support to 5.4 branch or do you plan to offer a way for 5.5 users to revert back to the traditional UI ?

I hope i'll get something other than NDA stuff :-) (come on guys, i'm just asking a basic question, not like if i'd wanted to know when the D60 will be compatible with Skype for Business right ;-) )  

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: 5.5.1 features back ported to 5.4 branch ?

Hello Stephen,

in regards to backporting:

• No not to my knowledge

In regards to offer the classic theme for Skype for Business:

• No not to my knowledge, all current Polycom products should be showing a Skype UI when used for Skype

For everything:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2