Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

911 calling from unregistered VVX

SOLVED
JamesW
Frequent Advisor

911 calling from unregistered VVX

TB 6338 suggests that 911 calling from unregistered vvx should be possible. Is there additional guidance available for this configuration?

I've been unsuccessful with 6.2.0.4023 on a VVX 501, attempting an on-hook dial from an unregistered phone results in a 'Service Unavailable' message as soon as the first digit is pressed.

dialplan.routing.emergency.1.server.1 "1"
dialplan.routing.emergency.1.value "711"
dialplan.routing.emergency.2.server.1 "1"
dialplan.routing.emergency.2.value "911"
dialplan.routing.server.1.address "nndc01-sbc01.xx-xx.us"
dialplan.routing.server.1.port "5068"
feature.E911.enabled "1"
feature.urlDialing.enabled "1"

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesW
Frequent Advisor

Re: 911 calling from unregistered VVX

It worked as expected when the VVX was set to the 'Generic' profile.

I added

dialplan.digitmap[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT|**x.T|+x.T

as with 'Skype for Business' set in the base profile there was no dialplan.digitmap.

With the dialplan.digitmap set on and off hook dialing still failed, until I selected the un-registered line appearance. Selecting the un-registered line appearance allowed the unregistered device to route the 911 call as expected.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @JamesW ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

You posted this in the Microsoft community so I assume you are using Skype for Business. As the document shared is for openSIP only I would assume this does not work for Skype for Business.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 5
JamesW
Frequent Advisor

It worked as expected when the VVX was set to the 'Generic' profile.

I added

dialplan.digitmap[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT|**x.T|+x.T

as with 'Skype for Business' set in the base profile there was no dialplan.digitmap.

With the dialplan.digitmap set on and off hook dialing still failed, until I selected the un-registered line appearance. Selecting the un-registered line appearance allowed the unregistered device to route the 911 call as expected.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @JamesW ,

Are you talking about using the Hybrid Line configuration aka adding a 2nd openSIP line?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 5
JamesW
Frequent Advisor

No.

This was to dial 911 from unregistered VVX devices.

Message 5 of 5