Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a softkey to do a Transfer and get me to the Skype Directory. That works great. But I need another Softkey fo utilize the secondary transfer option and also get me to the Skype Directory.

We have a receptionist that screens the calls and so we have our default transfer type set to Consultative. But after they reject the call they want it to be sent directly to Voicemail. This requires Blind transfer to be enabled. So how do I program my softkey to use the alternate Transfer type instead of the primary?

Phone: VV410

UCS: 5.6.0.17325

SIP: Skype for Business Online

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello @bg_btgrp,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As far as I understand you want a softkey that acts differently depending on the situation?

If yes this is not possible

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Well not necceasrily. Two softkeys that can get me to where I want would be fine. For instance I have this currently programmed and its working as expected and uses the default transfer method.

softkey.1.action="$FTransfer$$FDirectories$$FDialpad2$"
softkey.1.enable="1"
softkey.1.label="Consult"
softkey.1.use.active="1"
softkey.1.insert="1"

The second would be something like

softkey.2.action="$F[AlternateTransfer]$$FDirectories$$Cpause3$$FDialpad2$"
softkey.2.enable="1"
softkey.2.label="Blind"
softkey.2.use.active="1"
softkey.2.insert="2"

It's just I can't seem to locate what the Function is for the alternate transfer type.

However all of that would actually become unnecessary if I could add a Search softkey during the Transfer state. I enabled a softkey to every state that I could find active, alerting, dialtone, hold, park, proceeding, and setup and it still did not showup when I used the regular transfer keys.

If I could just get this Softkey to show up after I have pressed the Transfer button then we would be great. Then I only need to add one Softkey instead of two.

softkey.1.action="$FDirectories$$FDialpad2$"
softkey.1.enable="1"
softkey.1.label="Search"
softkey.1.insert="1"

HP Recommended

Hello @bg_btgrp,

we already explain the inability of not being able to have a EFK during either a Transfer or Conference => here <=

By alternate transfer do you mean a Attendant Transfer ?

Most likely you would need a feature request as explained here:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for that link to the EFK doc. I guess I missed that bit.

I'm honestly not sure what an Attendant transfer refers to.

When I say alternate transfer I mean that the Polycom VVX phones have a default Transfer type Cunsultative or Blind. When performaing a transfer you have the option to either press the Transfer button and perform the default transfer type or long press the Transfer button and perform non-default type.

Or in our case using Skype for Business on the VVX you can press the Transfer softkey (Image1) and it is using the default transfer type, but then you can press More and then, in our case, press Blind to perform the non-default type (Image2).

HP Recommended

Hello @bg_btgrp,

This would be a feature request to have a direct EFK for this.

You could probaly work with SoftKey4 and then a SoftKey 3 to simulate what you would do manually.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello,

is it still not possible to change softkeys in transfer mode?

HP Recommended

Hello @Matthias Urban ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

If this is not as of yet documented in either the Admin Guide or the EFK FAQ then nobody has requested this feature.

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change aka feature request to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello,

maybe we request the change.

Is it possible to change the function of the hardware transferbutton on a VVX411?

Regards
Matthias

HP Recommended

Hello @Matthias Urban ,

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up posts.

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of an Hardware Button?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.