Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am looking to have a bell ring in a warehouse when a call comes into a Polycom VVX phone registered to Skype for Business on-prem.  The Also 2506 seems like a viable solution.  However, their data sheets/website seems to indicate that you must use one of their SIP alerters with the 2506.  Has anybody tried using the 2506 with a standard analog bell?  Does anybody know what the voltage/output of the 2506 is?

Thanks,

Chad

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

One of the electronics wizards in our shop did something similar. I asked him about it:

I don’t recall the exact voltage or current, just that it is quite low and dependent on the ring volume settings of the phone (headset specifically). In our circumstances it was enough to activate a 6V relay circuit with an external power supply that is used to drive an indicator light. That could be adapted to activate an audio alert or bell, but the ring detector itself could not pull it off.

HP Recommended

I am setting up an IP system for a local business. They have bells in 3 buildings. I would like to use a relay with the algo 2506 to save some money. How is that setup working and could you have the gentleman that set it up contact me? 218-689-9739 (Russ)

HP Recommended

Did you get the Algo 2506 to work for you on your analog alarms?

If so, what brand and part number relay did you use that was compatible with the 2506?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.