Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

When attempting to install the BTOE 3.4.0 connector, some machines are spitting out an error for the BTOE Enumerator stating: 

"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

This error disables the use of the connector and can only be installed if I DISABLE secure boot mode.  I've tried to manually add the cert located here  but I am having the same issue.  Againt, this only happens to a selected number of test machines.  Others installed fine without an issue.

The end goal is to run a silent install script so we can deploy to all end-users.  However, this digital signature seems to be getting in the way, even when attempting to install by directly running the MSI.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

35 REPLIES 35
HP Recommended

Hello asuccar,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 26, 2016 Question:Can I troubleshoot BToE or changes settings ?

Resolution: Please check => here <= for details

Please do the above and then raise a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Have the same issue as described above. Is BToE 3.4.0 supported on Windows 10 1607? Haven't found that information anywhere. 

HP Recommended

Hello jedge,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Since BToE 3.3.0 we do support Windows 10 as stated in the release notes.

Please gather the logs in Debug mode and then open a ticket. If you are having trouble please post a MAC address of a Phone affected.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have the same issue!  Turns out 3.4.0 works just fine with W10 1511.  However with W10 1607 there is an error during install (Windows blocked the installation of a digitally unsigned driver), and it continues to ask you to 'Please Restart your PC to complete the installation' over and over until you uninstall BTOE 3.4.0.  

I will certainly raise this issue to my reseller, however this is a very repeatable issue, in addition to a significant one.  As of right now I am unable to deploy any polycom phone to any of my current W10 clients and that is a huge gap for my deployment at the moment.

Dev need to get 3.4.1 released with a fix immediately!

Thanks!

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hello STRiCT,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I have just installed BToE 3.4.0 on a Windows 10 machine running the 1607 build and I did not get this message and BToE works fine.

Unless this is escalated into our support organisation by one or multiple of you three users responding to this post we are unable to check or correct this. 

So far I have not yet seen any tickets on this.

I have seen Jake's post => here <= but he has not provided any details like a Polycom SR or any other details.

We are unable to comment on any unreleased software versions or any timeline without dealing directly with a user or their reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I also thought it might be windows 10 v1607 but I tried it on two test machines, both with the same versions.  One installed fine, the other failed.  I am really hoping for an update.  Despite this issue, the BTOE feature is amazing

HP Recommended

Interesting!  All our W10 1607's are on build 14393.576 which are not working with 3.4.0.  Our W10 1511's are on build 10586.713 which are working with 3.4.0.  The only other potential difference I can think of is we are exclusivly using W10 Enterprise in a Active Directory domain enviroment co-managed by Intune.

HP Recommended

UPDATE:  I've been in contact with Polycom and Microsoft via email.  They stated that the cert expired and they are working on getting it renewed.  We should be expecting version 3.4.1 hopefully this week.  I will continue to monitor this and report back if a new version drops.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.