Hi, I am having an issue with BTOE connecting to a VVX401 phone that the computer is not connected to(And ignoring the phone it is connected to). We updated versions of BTOE as well as firmware on the phone but the issue happened again.
I have removed BTOE from all the machines in that office but that is not a practical long term solution, has anyone seen anything like this before?
Is the handset powered by a power brick rather than POE? If so the computer and network outlet leads the wrong way around?
welcome to the Polycom Community.
As already outlined by the previous reply the only way that could possibly work is if you power the phone via a power supply locally and swapped the cable coming into the phone and out of the phone.
I have personally seen this and other than this there is no way.
Please check this and if it still happens open a Support ticket.
In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.
If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you.
Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.
Polycom Global Services
Thankyou, That was the solution, an intern had moved things around and not put the cables back in correctly.