Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

An update on this topic as I just moved our users to Teams Only mode:

1. BToE incompatibiliy - the biggest reported issue is the fact that users need to manually unlock the phone. I think this can be resolved by Polycom regardless of any other interaction with Teams. As long as the BToE is paired (not necessary Activated) it should be possible to achieve this.
  2.  It turns out that if you have users without a Phone System license from Microsoft they will not be able to receive P2P calls (internal calls) on the Polycom phones. They can search and call internal users from the Polycom phones. I realise this is probably a Microsoft issue but for now 3PIP phones are not a good experience on Teams Only mode!

Polycom, please look #1 

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello @NCR ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

I believe I already answered all your questions > here < and I have no additional comments.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

Your answers here are truly unhelpful!

The original poster question is not answered. Will BToE EVER work with Teams. The question was not will the phone work with Teams, then answer to that is YES, it absolutely will. I have several VVX 410, 411, 500's and 600's working with Teams right now. What has never been achieved and is a question always avoided is will Teams on a PC client ever be able to teather to a Teams signed in VVX phone such that a call answered on the PC when clicking answer call or a receiver picked up on the deskphones spring the desktop APP into life just as they used to via the BToE teather to Skype for Business.

I fail to see why Polycom wouldn't want to at least give some detail on if this is on a roadmap or if it is not. If it is not on a roadmap then that spells the end of the VVX line as far as I can see and these answers you are giving are so misleading as to be completely unhelpful. Who cares frankly if Teams won't natively run on the phone - it never ran SFB on them so why was that your answer? It wasn't the question asked several times above.

Let's put it really simply; will a PC running BToE ever teather with a signed in 3pip phone to Teams desktop app?

HP Recommended

Hello @Matt Freeman ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Some or a couple of your old post(s) or reply(s) to them => here <= are still open/pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least provide some form of feedback or answer.

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilize the community more efficiently. Please do not simply mark them without any type of feedback.

Based on the above the willingness to try and help is not really there as this may end up in the same state.

You are replying to a post that is over a year old. You may misunderstand my role here, I am not the official Poly spokesperson. I am just a volunteer like anybody else.

Therefore I cannot answer questions around any potential roadmap and/or speak for our Partner Microsoft. I can only comment on what is at present GA and supported.

My original over a year old statement is still true to this day as our partner Microsoft has not added any way for 3rd party providers like Poly or others to replicate what we could do via BToE.

Any questions, therefore, need to be asked and answered by Microsoft.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello all,

in the original post back in 2018 the question was raised around compatibility between the Microsoft Teams client and VVX phones. To my knowledge, the current Microsoft Teams client does not have a similar interface than the original LYNC or later Skype for Business client have been using.

Better Together was the original name by our Partner Microsoft and created the ability to “pair” the original CX Phones, on a later stage manufactured by Poly and/or other competitors, with at the time the LYNC client and later Skype for Business. This then evolved into what users knew as Better Together over Ethernet / BToE used by Poly and other competitors with their On-Premise Lync or Skype for Business deployment on our 3PIP developed phones.

With the move to Skype for Business online and the transitioning to Microsoft Teams the Teams client, to my knowledge, did not develop such interface to ensure customers hardware investment in 3PIP phones was guaranteed to function. I am also unsure if the presence of the Microsoft Teams client disallows the functionality of a parallel Microsoft Skype for Business client.

All of these need to be inquired/answered from our Partner Microsoft as Poly and other competitors cannot positively influence this development.

Our new CCX range which runs a native Microsoft Teams application has since late 2020 the option to use some better together functionality added by Microsoft.

To answer the original questions, no the Microsoft Teams client does not work with BToE.

For users who want to disable the phone lock on 3PIP phones please see here:

Jun 02, 2016 Question:How can I disable the Skype for Business lock Policies for Poly phones?

Resolution: Please check => here <= 

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.