Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We are in the process of deploying approximately 200 CCX 500 phones with Microsoft Teams and direct routing but are having major issues with the interface lagging after the phone hasn't been used for a period time. The lag can be so bad at times that quite often the users struggle to answer the first incoming call in the morning.

The phones are running the latest firmware available from Microsoft (6.2.23.0304). While the problem was worse on older firmwares it is still causing our users major frustration.

Also is there a way to enable the web interface on the phones remotely?

Regards,

Nathan

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Hello @nharwood ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

We are aware and our partner Microsoft is working on this. 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen,

Hopefully the new firmware will fix the issue.

Do you know how we can remotely enable the web interface on the phones?

Regards,

Nathan 

HP Recommended

Hello Nathan,

is the phone provisioned via a Provisioning server?

If yes follow >here<

If no:

Apr 1, 2020 Question: How can I enable the Web Interface on a Poly phone running in Teams mode?

Resolution: Please check >here<

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

We aren't currently using a provisioning server. I have seen comments about the free PDMS-E service. How do we get access to this?

Regards,

Nathan

HP Recommended

Hello @nharwood 

I suggest you look at the free Poly Lens service

Jan 04, 2019 Question: Where can I find details on Poly Provisioning Servers?

Resolution: Poly has separate Solutions for either on Premise Poly ResourceManager RPRM or a Cloud Solution called PDMS-E and additional details can be found => here <=. Poly also offers a free solution called Lens >here<

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

The new firmware 7.0.2 has been released on TAC and we have upgraded some of our phones in the hope it would fix the issue but it actually seems worse now.

If I try calling my number when I first get in the office in the morning it starts ringing in the Teams app on my mobile and computer but it takes a long time to start ringing on the handset and I only have about two seconds to answer the call before it goes to voicemail and even if I press the answer button in this time nothing happens.

A couple of other differences that are now happening in regards to this issue is that when I first come in the office the screen is completely black like it is turned off and when the phone wakes up with the call it plays a chime like the phones now do when you plug in a keyboard to the USB port. (Keyboard is not plugged in at the time of calling it)

This a major issue and is making the phones unusable and we need urgent assistance with this.

Regards,

Nathan

HP Recommended

Hello @nharwood ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

In order to raise a support ticket, please work directly with Poly support. 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

We have been using CCX 400 and ccx 500's since the introduction over a year ago and have been very dissatisfied from the beginning.  The lag issue has been there since day one and has not improved through several firmware updates.  The firmware and Teams updates themselves are flakey and often fail, requiring a phone reset to finalize the install and return dial tone.

The touch screen is always slow to respond, especially after sitting idle.  An underpowered processor may be the issue and if so there is no hope for these phones.  Most of my users HATE these phones and had to remove them and install old OCS CCX 200 phones to answer calls through the Teams desktop app, basically then asking as a speaker and microphone only.  The Teams functionality on the phones is a watered down joke.  Assuming Microsoft adds functionality to make them somewhat useful, these underpowered phones wont be capable of powering it.

CCX native Teams phones are a big fail from Polycom!

HP Recommended

Hello @JeffZ ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

To my own personal knowledge, let me ensure you, our phones are well within the specifications in order to run our Partners application.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.