Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello @rodrigo.squilaro ,

if the CCX 400 is already running 6.2.11 please go to the Web Interface Utilities > Software Upgrade > Check for Upgrades > Drop down box select 6.2.21.1198 (Teams certified) and click on Install:

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for the information, I really appreciate 

But I got 14 of these phones and before getting those, I was told that they would work with Skype For Business and I had to be sure these phones would work with S4B.

So, if I understand, I cannot upgrade the firmware of these phones with USB Stick, even that Poly has a documentation about this on the website

and Also I can't upgrade via TAC, since the version was not yet shared with Microsoft.

The phones are still using the initial release 1.0.0.0200

So now I have a real problem, because these phones are not working with Skype For Business, we can't upgrade them to use S4B. So, what would you recommend?

Was Poly who suggested me the CCX400 and that would be working with Skype.

The vendor sent this

https://support.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom-support/products/voice/ccx-phones/release-notes/en/c...

CCX 400 phones are supported on Microsoft SfB and Teams with the latest Poly CCX 6.2.11 release.  

I even contest these information by saying below:

"We might have some conflicting information about this

From other vendor I got the information:

“Confirmed by our distributor that the CCX phones are for teams, not for SFB”

I understand that it will be released a certification to use the CCX 400 with SFB

But it’s still on pending as it shows in the link below:

https://support.polycom.com/content/support/north-america/usa/en/support/voice/ccx-phones/ccx400.htm...

Some articles I saw, was saying that it was supposed to be released in June 2020

We need to be sure that Skype For Business will work right away, during the Migration in Germany that will happen in this month.

Is it possible we can double check on that?"

So now it's getting more and more complicate this situation.

HP Recommended

Hi Steffan,

As I mentioned in my previous reply, this CCX400 came from CDW and the firmware is the initial release firmware: 1.0.0.0200 so we are not able to update the phone.

How is possible that there are updates for the phone, and we cannot update the phones?

i got the suggestion from Poly , to get the CCX400 to work with Skype For Business and they promised it would work with Skype.

I want a guide to upgrade the phones I acquire to use Skype For Business on them.

It's unbelievable to have upgrades, but I can't perform them by USB, and can't perform them remotely.

HP Recommended

Poly suggested the CCX400, and that would work with  S4B

Now I have 14 phones in Germany, without possibility of use, and I contested Poly regarding the Skype:

"We might have some conflicting information about this

From a vendor I got the information:

“Confirmed by our distributor that the CCX phones are for teams, not for SFB”

I understand that it will be released a certification to use the CCX 400 with SFB

But it’s still on pending as it shows in the link below:

https://support.polycom.com/content/support/north-america/usa/en/support/voice/ccx-phones/ccx400.htm...

Some articles I saw, was saying that it was supposed to be released in June 2020

We need to be sure that Skype For Business will work right away, during the Migration in Germany that will happen in this month.

Is it possible we can double check on that?"

then, I got this answerL

https://support.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom-support/products/voice/ccx-phones/release-notes/en/c...

CCX 400 phones are supported on Microsoft SfB and Teams with the latest Poly CCX 6.2.11 release.  

But worse now, I took these phones to work with Skype with suggestion from Poly. and I can't even upgrade the phones

How should I proceed?

HP Recommended

Hello @rodrigo.squilaro 

me being a volunteer I am unable to trawl through all the replies and see if an exact software version was provided before or not.

At present, there is no way for an end-user to upgrade the phone with software that I can share.

A Poly Sales engineer may have the ability to share the USB upgrade but not myself from support.

We are working on a solution but we do not have an ETA or anything. Opening a service ticket via your reseller ensures that Poly support can update them with a timeline.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @rodrigo.squilaro 

Some of your replies got stuck in our spam filter.

The web site and the documentation is correct.

The CCX 400 is for Skype for Business and Teams and can switch the profile between the 2 of them.

But, it can only do this if already on 5.9 or 6.2 as only this software can do this.

As with anything, products are being shipped with the software available at that time and resellers will have stock running 1.0.0 or 1.0.1

The TAC hosted the 6.2.21 build before but we had to take this off as the updates failed. We are currently investigating this.

Via our support web page, we currently have no way of distributing software that can be used with a USB stick to upgrade 1.0.0 or 1.0.1.

If you have access to a Poly SE I am aware that that in the past shared a software but I cannot speak for them.

At present, I can only outline what is possible and what not.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Just an FYI, I'm having the exact same issue (CCX 400 is on 1.0.0.0204 - brand new phone). I don't see a download for the 6.2.21 series for teams, just the OpenSIP version 1428. I found in another area on these boards someone by the name of jschertz who indicated that there is a 6.2.21 version that is going to be posted to TAC soon that will support the upgrade of these 1.0.0 phones. That post indicated that the upgrade will be available before the end of the month, the date on that post was September 10, 2020.

I'm not sure Poly is listening here though, these older firmware versions can't connect to modern setups of InTune (i.e. using Company Portal). So we really need a USB version to at least get us into the TAC in the first place.

We are just dipping our toes in the Poly water here, considering a migration to Teams and Poly from Mitel, but so far this is a concerning start that something like a firmware upgrade to a handset is such an issue.

The other thing that was a bit shocking, I put in a service request for this help, and got redirected to these forums, or do a USD$75 pay per incident. On a brand new phone. Which sounds like it is factory borked. Dissappointing.

HP Recommended

Hello @Tim Dressel ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Please take your time to read my update >here< as this is the official line.

We are very sorry and we are aiming to fix this but at present, other than if you have access to a Poly Sales engineer, there is no way to upgrade the CCX 400.

Once there is we will update this post.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello all,

we just released CCX 400, 500, 600 Software 6.2.22.0185 >here<

The CCX 400 support page holds a USB Stick software in case the device runs software 1.0.0 or 1.0.1

HP Recommended

Hi. I'm trying to update my ccx 400 from 1.01.0054 to 6.2.23.0304 via usb.  I'm following the steps, however, once I place the usb stick into the phone, the update firmware window does not appear.  I have reset the phone to factory defaults, I have rebooted the phone and nothing works.  I opened a case with Poly but I am told that I must resolve through a Certified VOIP Partner, but I do not have one since I purchased direct and deployed myself via Teams.  I have attached a few pics.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.