Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi there. I would like to know if the CCX 400 for Teams can be used just as a "Teams telephone", where the Teams profile has my Microsoft 365 account login and password. In reading the "Poly CCX Business Media Phones with Microsoft Administrator Guide" (6.2.21 | September 2020 | 3725-49792-004A), there appears to be Poly UC software and other Microsoft 365 configuration which are needed as admin in order to make the CCX 400 work in Teams.

Thanks in advanced. --George

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry Steffen, but I will have to disagree that "I do not think you can blame a shop selling an item for an assumption made by yourself. The verbiage used is probably the same for every place." My assumption was quite valid based on the information presented on the web page. I have asked Factory Outlet Store per my return notice so add the clarification.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @GIF007 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Our Poly Employee Jeff Schertz as a blog >here<

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

OK, just glancing at the blog, the short answer is "yes", that Microsoft 365 administrator access is needed with Add-ons to the normal Microsoft Teams license in order for the CCX 400 to function correctly. I was basically misled by the CCX 400 description at FactoryOutletStore.com, where it never mentioned that Microsoft 365 administrator access and additional Microsoft 365 services are required to make CCX 400 function correctly. I purchased the CCX 400, thinking that I just have to provide my Microsoft Teams loginID and password to work. I mean, since it runs Android, it would have a customized Microsoft Teams app for the form-factor -- I was wrong.

I have returned the CCX 400, but I had to pay the return shipping and take a 15% restocking fee hit. Disappointing overall.

HP Recommended

Hello @GIF007 ,

The CCX 400, just like the other CCX products running the Microsoft Teams IP phone Android client, are working the same. Other competitor phones have the same "restrictions" imposed by our partner Microsoft.

I am unsure what you expected when you purchased the product.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, thanks for your reply. Here is the description posted at https://poly.factoryoutletstore.com/details/724711/polycom-ccx-400.html?category_id=468&catalogitemi...   where I had purchased the CCX 400:

"Technical Features for Polycom CCX 400

Item # 2200-49700-019

The Polycom CCX 400 is designed for the home ,office, shared spaces, and basic users which provides a business VoIP solution. The phone comes with simple and intuitive control. This phone offers both Polycom HD Voice and Polycom Acoustic Fence technologies and dramatically enhances the voice clarity. The full-duplex speakerphone with world-class echo cancellation keep conversations on track.

CCX 400 Features:

• Entry Level Desktop Phone
  • Certified for Microsoft Teams
  • User Area: Entry Level/Common Area
  • Full-Duplex Speakerphone
  • Android 9 Operating System
  • Optional Bluetooth (via USB Dongle)
  • Optional Wi-Fi (via USB Dongle)
  • 5" Color LCD Touchscreen
  • Phone Profile: Teams Only
  • 1x USB Type-A Port
  • Poly Acoustic Fence
    - Eliminates Distracting Background Noise
  • Echo Cancellation
  • Simple to Install
The Polycom CCX 400 has many exciting features for users of all types. It's one of FactoryOutletStore's best selling Polycom. The Polycom CCX 400 is sold as a Brand New Unopened Item."

I highlighted the 3 areas where the description made it sound like an Android smart device that runs a Teams app. No where in the above description does it say that additional Microsoft 365 licenses and admin-level configurations are required, otherwise I would not have purchased it. Sure, the first paragraph has "provides a business VoIP solution", however this phraseology has been used to describe anything involving electronic telephony solutions, including just a smartphone with a comm app running. I was thinking that the CCX 400 was akin to the old "Skype phones" which were available in the past from Microsoft, where they ran modified Skype application to work in different form factors, and all I needed to provide was a Skype userID and password.

The description at Factory Outlet Store should provide prerequisites required to make the CCX 400 work. Otherwise, others who are not Microsoft 365-Teams admin VOIP experts could make the same mistake if they are looking for a Teams-only device in a telephone form factor.

--George

HP Recommended

Hello @GIF007 ,

We also produce the VVX Phones that can run in Skype for Business mode but again simply a Skype for Business Username and password is not sufficient as the Administrator providing these needs to ensure that the account being used has the right licenses in place.

I do not think you can blame a shop selling an item for an assumption made by yourself. The verbiage used is probably the same for every place.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Sorry Steffen, but I will have to disagree that "I do not think you can blame a shop selling an item for an assumption made by yourself. The verbiage used is probably the same for every place." My assumption was quite valid based on the information presented on the web page. I have asked Factory Outlet Store per my return notice so add the clarification.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.