Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm using a CCX 500 forTeams (fw 7.0.2.1072) and am having a compatibility issue with a Savi 740 headset.  They are connected via an APP-51 electronic hook switch cable, as recommended.  This configuration seems to be supported, based on the Poly compatibility guide (https://compatibility.plantronics.com/deskphone).

The problem is: The phone doesn't receive a pick-up or hang-up signal from the headset.   One needs to manually press the headset button on the phone to pick up a call.

The other direction seems to work (headset registers changes from the phone).  Once the headset is active, audio quality is fine.

Some things I've tried:

Updating phone firmware (I was on 6.2.23), updating Savi firmware, updating Teams version, trying a different APP-51 cable, trying a different Savi 740, resubscribing headset, enabling "Poly EHS" at HookSwitch Mode in settings.  

I've also spoken to tech support at Poly, on both the headset and phone side, to no avail (they suggested I post here).

I did notice that in the release notes for version 6.2.22, they explicitly list the Savi 740 as compatible, but they do not in subsequent versions.  Would the newer firmware remove only this partial aspect of compatibility?

Any guidance would be much appreciate!  Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @JS1 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

If the reference was removed from the 6.2.23 and 7.0.2 Release notes this usually means this was there in error in the 6.2.22 and is actually not a compatible headset.

I check this internally and get this removed from the 6.2.22 release notes.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for your reply.

I bought the CCX 500 for my company based on the advertisement of Savi compatibility, so it would be a shame for us if that was an error.

Looking at the latest (7.0.2) listing of headset support, I only see USB and Bluetooth options.  Yet the hardware of course has RJ-9 and EHS ports.  Has Poly basically dropped compatibility for these ports?  It would be surprising to me, especially since Poly is such a prominent producer of DECT headsets.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello @JS1 ,

I would suggest you escalate this so we can track this and provide you with an official answer.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Please ensure to follow the above as our support team will close any tickets raised by end-users without any service contract. Once done please share the Ticket reference so I can link this together.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks again for your prompt reply.  I did call Poly support, my ticket reference is: 1-21905239187.

Any escalation to address this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue. I thought it was just me! I moved my Savi 8245 (W8200B) from my VVX450 to my CCX500. Initially, I could at least get hookswitch. Now I get no call control from the headset. Audio, yes. But no control.

(I dream someday that a software update will let the Savi have call control over Teams on PC, too..)

I'll have our product team submit a ticket, but wanted to document here. 

CCX500 - 7.0.3.0228

P/N- 3150-11530-703

File: 3111-49710-001.sip.ld

Phone is on the Broadworks platform

Savi 8245

Bluetooth: v.0306
Headset: v.1725
PIC: v.0315
Tuning: v.3036
USB: v.3869
AC2B 
Serial #S/N1K2JE6 (Base)
48E4C881E40D4E11BEFF15DCE00B7028 (Headset)

Build Code

M/C025BB1

HP Recommended

Hey, JS1. 

I had a similar issue w/ my Savi 8245 and my CCX 500

It didn't work on 7.0.3; I upgraded to 7.1.1 and EHS works great; as expected 🙂

Hopefully you've figured it out by now, but if not, please upgrade and try again!

Savi 8245

Bluetooth: v.0306
Headset: v.1725
PIC: v.0315
Tuning: v.3036
USB: v.3869

CCX500
P/N 3111-49710-001 Rev:A
Platform: Default Generic RocketButton
Updater Signature: Release
Version 7.1.1.0744
File: 3111-49710-001.sip.ld

HP Recommended

Hello @Danny_Unger_360  and @JS1 ,

pretty sure I took this ticket internally and it was Teams profile and this is not yet fixed in 7.1.x.

For openSIP and Skype for Business, the fix is in 7.1.1

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks Danny for the update!  Steffen is correct that I’m using Teams, but good to hear a fix is in the works. 

I had given up hope but found an effective workaround: I purchased an EHS cable to USB instead (APU-76) and found it succeeds in getting the Savi headset to work properly with the CCX 500  (as a USB headset).  I haven’t seen this documented anywhere, hopefully someone else finds it helpful. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.