Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

CCX 600/500/400 - When to expect MS Teams update #4?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

CCX 600/500/400 - When to expect MS Teams update #4?

Hello community,

does somebody know when to expect Teams update #4 becoming available for the Poly CCX phones? According to the Microsoft page - Phones and Devices for Teams, among all certified Teams phone manufactures only Poly hasn't published an updated firmware yet.

Thank you in advance,

Abel

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: CCX 600/500/400 - When to expect MS Teams update #4?

Hello @Abel ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

At present we are planning to release the next 6.2.21.xxx built for Mid-August. This is as usually Subject to change.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Hello @Abel ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

At present we are planning to release the next 6.2.21.xxx built for Mid-August. This is as usually Subject to change.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Steffen.

Any explanation as to why it's been delayed? Is it an issue on Microsoft's end, or Poly's?

Message 3 of 6

Hello @HuntHunt ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Poly has the most comprehensive end-to-end suite of Microsoft certified headsets, video devices, phones and speakerphones available.

We therefore carefully plan the release of software and the next delivery for our CCX range is currently planned as already outlined above.

This is a major release and sometimes features need to be added to accommodate functionality required by our partner Microsoft.

If you are part of Microsoft's TAP then an early release should appear early August within the Teams Admin Center (TAC). Please be aware anything shared via the community is to my own personal knowledge and subject to change until officially released.

If you require further information please work with a Poly sales engineer in your region.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Hi @HuntHunt,

one comment I've found in the Microsoft communities is saying, that Poly's CCX models are Android 9 based but competitors' ones are running Android 7 only. And that OS difference would implicate higher efforts in adopting the latest Microsoft changes for Poly.

Best regards,

Abel

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted

Hi all,

Our Partner Microsoft also should now have added the latest 6.2.21 release to all customers being part of their TAP and you should be able to upgrade this via the Teams Admin Center/TAC.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

Message 6 of 6