Since we don't have access to Poly support as a consumer, I'm going to post issues we are seeing after upgrading to 126.96.36.1992 firmware and corresponding Teams app this month with the hope someone can utilize it.
- This firmware was suppose to help with the lag on the phone, but I feel it is worse. Users complain the interface is so slow when getting a call they sometimes miss the call.
- If using the speakerphone when making/answering a call, there is bad static heard on the other end of the call. (this doesn't seem to be an issue using the handset)
- After the upgrade, volume levels are not retained with many being set to low/off so you don't hear the phone ringing.
- If you have the phone configured as a common area phone, there is no longer a screensaver option, so the screen just turns black when power saving and appears dead.
- After the upgrade, the admin password is set to some unknown value. It's not the admin password I had set previous to the upgrade, and not a default password, so I've had to factory reset the phone to set the admin password.
Teams Admin Agent: 188.8.131.52101280722
Company Portal: 5.05045.0
OEM Agent App: 1.0.21
Teams App: 1449/184.108.40.2061033002
Hello @aharvey ,
Welcome to the Poly Community.
All Poly customers can raise a ticket but in order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.
End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here
If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.
Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.
We are having the same issues with lag on CCX 500 phones. It's especially bad when the phones have gone in to power save mode they take so long to wake up you can't answer the call.
We have a CCX 600 on loan and the performance difference is huge. It takes around a quarter of the time for the phone to wake from sleep when a call comes in making it possible to actually answer the call and everything is so much snappier when you do anything on the phone.
What we found was disabling power save mode helps the issue with answering calls but I'm not sure if this will hurt the screen.
We have cases open with Microsoft and Poly for all the issues we are having.
Yup, we're in the same boat.
I see that a new firmware has just been published from within the Teams Admin Center (7.0.3.0228). Of course, there are no release notes to speak of anywhere, so we can only guess as to what may or may not have been fixed in this release.
Update: the download page for the CCX 500 has been updated and the release notes for 7.0.3 are here. Sounds like the issue with calls switching to speakerphone when another call comes in (which I forgot to mention in my previous post) has been fixed. No mention of a fix for the issue with disabling power saving mode.