Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have the following issue on 7.0.2 and 7.0.3

If we go to device settings

Accessibility

Turn on:  High Contrast Mode and/or Large Text

After 30-60 minutes they go back to defaults.  We tried a call with Poly and they state the MS provisioning server is resetting it.  We can confirm it sticks if we unplug the phone from the network.

We do not use any third party management services, just Microsoft Teams (Office 365), anyone have any ideas?

Thank You!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @CBTECH ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

This would be a question for our Partner Microsoft that provides the Teams application running on our Phones. It seems the Teams Admin Center setting set by your organization overwrites this.

I have quickly tested this and after over 1h I still have the below in my PBU backup file:

<PHONE_LOCAL
		feature.osNative.phoneLock.pinExcludes=""
		httpd.enabled="1"
		np.normal.ringing.toneVolume.chassis="-30"
		tcpIpApp.sntp.olsonTimezoneID="Europe/London"
		ui.accessibility.fontSize="Large"
		ui.accessibility.highContrast.enabled="1"
	/>

The 2 ui.accessibility are responsible for this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

As far as I know there isn’t anywhere in the Teams Admin center to change these settings, so I’m not sure why it is overwriting it.  Am I missing something and there is a teams policy setting for the font size one can change on the admin center?

we tested with Poly support and they believe MS is overwriting the entire file wiping out the values for font size and high contrast.  

HP Recommended

Hello @CBTECH ,

I personally am unable to answer questions regarding our Partner Microsofts availability of policies. The best organization to work on this is Microsoft.

Please come back and update once you found the root cause.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have opened a case with Microsoft but they have spent days on it and have nothing to offer,  Poly support came up with the t]same answer you did, which is what is happening on our side but can’t tell us why other than stating the MS provisioning server is wiping out that file and replacing it with a copy without the large font and high contrast settings.

Which again is great, but it doesn’t fix the issue of course.

HP Recommended

Steffen:

Just following up on this as you mentioned in another thread you were able to reproduce this.  We opened a ticket with Microsoft and are following up weekly but they still seem to be clueless on this, curious if you made any headway on your side.

It's really annoying for the users as it just keeps turning off the large font and/or high contrast mode at no discernable schedule.

Thank You

Cody

HP Recommended

Hello @CBTECH ,

Mine is just an internal ticket and no update. I would post here if I get an update.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello @CBTECH ,

We seem to have identified this as a bug on our end. I am unsure if you have yet raised this with our support team via your reseller. Please go ahead as below.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. 

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

The internal reference I raised is EN-203764 so the agent can link this to your community post.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.