Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Community,

I had a client try to harden thier Front end servers by disallowing SSL v 2.0 and v3.0 and enabling TLS 1.2. However after they did so the phones stopped being able to grab a certificate or reach the update server. Are there any plans to add new ciphers to the CX600 phones? My client would like to get there environment up to code.

Thank you,

Glenn Johnson
 PCVE, CCNP VOICE, MCSE: Communications, MCSA Server 2012, MCITP Lync Server Administrator 2010

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Glenn Johnson,

Polycom and other manufacturers produce these optimized for Microsoft® Lync® devices after a reference design and the embedded OS running on the phones is provided, supported and maintained by our partner Microsoft®.

You therefore may want to reach out to the Microsoft® community and / or Microsoft® support directly instead as this is the most direct and efficient path.

Please try here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Hi Glen - I have a similar issue and work from home and use a Polycom CX600. Our Skype folks hardened our network and disabled SSL and my phone won't login. I'm told I somehow need to upgrade my phone to use TLS. Did you ever get a fix for the issue? I'd like to try it if you can share any info. Thanks Rob Marrero - robert.c.marrero@accenture.com
HP Recommended

Polycom CX500, CX600, or CX3000 phones run Lync Phone Edition (LPE) from Microsoft and LPE does not support TLS 1.2. If you are upgrading to TLS 1.2, please contact your sales representative to learn about our trade in programs to transition your older CX phones to Polycom VVX phones and Polycom Trio. Email TeamMicrosoft@polycom.com for more information.

Also, Microsoft recently announced that TLS 1.2 becomes mandatory for Office 365 on October 31, 2018.

Link (Microsoft):  https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Skype-for-Business-Blog/Certified-Skype-for-Business-Online-P...

Link (Polycom FAQ): http://www.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom/common/documents/faqs/polycom-phones-and-microsoft-teams-...

HP Recommended

How about CX5500 and TLS 1.2 support? I cannot find any information about this device support with TLS 1.2

HP Recommended

Hello @Maluks,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The CX5500 is not affected by the above limitation and will receive a update later this year.

Please work with your Polycom reseller if you want to be informed on a time line.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.