Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Does anyone know the status of the Polycom CX300 R2 device compatibility with Microsoft Teams?  

It is our understanding that Microsoft Teams now has the USB-HID capabilities, and that Polycom is expecting it to work the CX300 R2 usb handset.  We have run into some issues and see that according to this post at Microsoft (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/control-calls-using-a-headset-in-teams-65d6e104-444d-4013-b...) that this model is one on their "trouble" list that they are working with vendors to address.  

While we are not there yet, we are preparing for the move to Microsoft Teams from Skype for Business (online) and want to continue to use our current hardware investment in the CX300 that we just purchased about 16 months ago. 

Thank you for any information that can be provided.

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

I might plan on waiting a little while for full compatibility.

Across the board, much of the advertised Teams support for various Polycom products is close to vaporware.   Support was supposed to arrive in Q2 according to the FAQ but we're closer to Q4.

This one hopefully will be fixed soon since it's just a USB device, but we're having to plan on at least 6 months out for other product compatibility.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

We are working with our partner Microsoft but I am unable to provide a time line.

These CX devices are built to a reference design specified by Microsoft and worked well using the original OCS client , the LYNC Client or the Skype for Business clients.

They have been supported over the recent Microsoft Operating System evolutions as well.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Thank you for your message last quarter on the status of the CX300 R2 and Microsoft Teams.  Now with the end of the year and quarter, just wondering if you have any additional updates for us?  Hoping for good news!  🙂

Thank you!

HP Recommended

We're a couple of months out from moving from Skype4B on-prem to Teams. This is one of our last blockers. We have a bunch of CX300 R1's scattered around for users who want a "phone" and having them not answer a Teams call when you pick up the receiver isn't a great user experience. Has worked one way for years in Lync and Skype4B, now in Teams we're going to have to teach users it's different.

Other USB headsets with answer buttons are working fine, just the hook switch on the CX300 is not. As noted, it's on the "known troublemakers" list at https://support.office.com/en-us/article/control-calls-using-a-headset-in-teams-65d6e104-444d-4013-b....

I don't know what Polycom can do about this given how much of it seems to be a Microsoft issue, but it would be great to see it sorted out.

HP Recommended

Hello @RyanTrainor,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

As already outlined within this post this has worked for LYNC and then for Skype. The only thing that now has changed is the client aka Teams.

There is no way for end users to upgrade the CX300

Please work with Microsoft to fix this on their end as nothing has changed on our end.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

we are waiting for the CX300 R2 support for MS Teams as well. We are using these phones at every desk and wonder if we have to replace all of them.

Do you have any informationen when we can expect a solution? I know that this is a MS issue - anyway without solution we need to replace all devices and won't invest in Polycom anymore.

We already opened tickets at the MS support...

Hoping for a quick response.

Best Regards

Jörg Hubacher

HP Recommended

Hello @Jörg Hubacher ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

First of all I completely understand your frustration but, we , Polycom cannot do anything.

The CX300 Product was working with all previous iterations of the Operating System we declare in our data sheet. It also works fine with previous LYNC or Skype for Business software clients.

The only thing that has changed in this setup is that customers are now forced to Team's and our partner Microsoft has decided to somehow be no longer backwards compatible with a product they originally developed.

This cannot be the fault of Polycom and we cannot make any changes to the product other to what we have originally taken over.

The reason newer products work may be the fact that the development of the CX product is years old and since then drivers / usb has moved on.

You must take this up with Microsoft.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi guys,

i understand that lifting the handset does not answer the call, 

1.  Is there any way on the phone to then answer the call?  Or do you have to click the answer button in Teams?

2.  Does this phone at least emit a ringing sound when the call comes in?

Thanks!

Sander

HP Recommended

I've done some testing today on both the CX300 and CX300R2 with a user account in Teams only mode using the Microsoft Phone Service online. 

• You cannot answer a call in Teams by taking the phone off hook
  • You cannot initiate a call in Teams by taking the phone off hook.
  • The CX300 (both series) do not make an audible ring for incoming calls.
  • For incoming calls, you must click answer on the PC before you can use the CX300 to conduct the call.
  • For outgoing calls, you must dial the number in Teams before you can use the CX300 (both versions).
  • The volume buttons work
  • No other buttons work. 

Would be happy to test any other Teams only functionality with these devices, though I'm no longer reccomending these devices for Teams implementations. The continue to work with Skype for Business online and onpremises without issue.

Jason

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.