Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Kindly I have 15  handsets that was shipped with firmware version (4.0.7577.4372 ), and they working fine with Lync 2013. But we have  faced an urgent case to downgrade this firmware version to (4.0.7577.4100).

• I can't find this version in Microsoft site (it seems that microsoft removed it).
  • also is there a guide to downgrade from higher version to lower version in Cx 600.

so please, could you provide me with this version (4.0.7577.4100), and any user guide to downgrade my cx 600 phones to it?

regards,

Ahmed

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Ahmed,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The CX phone software is hosted and provided by Microsoft. You will need to contact Microsoft directly as we, and all other Microsoft Lync Phone Edition device manufacturers, do not provide this software.

You would simply upload the older software to the LYNC server and then approve it for the devices you would like.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Many thanks Steffen, I will contact Microsoft directly requesting that version.  and i will update the forum once i got reply from them

HP Recommended

Hi. Our customer has Lync server 2010 running with client side using Polycom CX600 Lync Phone.

It was OK as the Polycom CX600's Lync Phone Edition running Firmware ver. "4.0.7577.296".

However, We tried update one testing Phone to "4.0.7577.4455", user can't signin again and it shows "Your account is not configured to use this service. Please contact your support team."

On the other hand, since many CX600 Lync Phone screen got problem, we sent them to supplier for repair. After that, the returned CX600 were all upgraded to "4.0.7577.4487".

9 returned Phone, 7 of them OK, but 2 of them also shows "Your account is not configured to use this service. Please contact your support team.".

Furthermore, Lync Phone display a button to "Send Log" before it can sign-in. However, i found it can't "Send Log" to the server actually. Anyone can confirm if the Lync Phone can send log to server before it sign-in. Thus, it is difficult to troubleshoot this problem.

Now, we would like to downgrade back to "4.0.7577.296" or upgrade to the latest "4.0.7577.4512". However, as the phone can't signin, we can't upgrade it. I also can't find any way to downgrade it as the Lync Server Control Panel seems has no such options. Please provide instruction on how to downgrade it, and give some recommendations on above issues. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello Bruce,

Polycom and other manufacturers produce these optimized for Microsoft® Lync® or Skype® for Business devices after a reference design and the embedded OS running on the phones is provided, supported and maintained by our partner Microsoft®.

You therefore may want to reach out to the Microsoft® community and / or Microsoft® support directly instead as this is the most direct and efficient path.

Polycom is unable to add any new features into the functionality of these CX Devices

Please try here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.