Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have found a problem with the UC software with our VVX 410 phones. When you place a call on hold, the call gets hung up after 30 seconds.

I know it has to do with the version because I went back and loaded every version and the phone works perfectly with version 5.1.2.1801. But every version after 5.1.3.1675, with the same CFG files, the call that is placed on hold will drop at exactly 30 seconds. 

I have even loaded 5.4.0.5841, and the problem is in that version also.

Is there a way to find out what happened in version 5.1.3.1675?

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hello Dopeydog,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

• Is this a LYNC or a SIP issue ?
  • Does this only occur with external or also with internal calls?

I would suggest you raise a case with Polycom support via your Polycom reseller so we can troubleshoot this and fix if necessary or provide you with a configuration parameter in case this was an intended change.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

It is a phone software version issue.

As I explained, starting at version 5.1.3.1675 it drops all calls that are placed on hold for 30 seconds.

But to be even more clear, if I accept the call from my Lync software desktop client - the call does not drop. That should eliminate it being a SIP or a Lync client/server related problem.

I had to downgrade my phones 6 versions to get the phones to not hang up a call on hold after 30 seconds.

Something changed in version 5.1.3.1675 and has been broken since. I have dug through the config files and cannot figure out what it is. But taking the same config files from vesion 5.1.2.1801 (which does not hang up calls on hold after 30 seconds) to version 5.1.3.1675 (or anything after that) calls on hold will drop after 30 seconds.

HP Recommended

Hello dopeydog,

I fully understand this and this is why I asked you to raise a case with Polycom support via your Polycom reseller so we can troubleshoot this and fix if necessary or provide you with a configuration parameter in case this was an intended change.

The above is required so we can verify your entitlement to use the VVX Phones in LYNC base profile and in addition may receive external accounts so we can register a test phone to replicate the issue. We also may require LYNC server logs.

The sooner you do this the quicker we can begin troubleshooting this for you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Greetings,

I am a new Polycom admin and new to this site.  I am having the same isssue and I have opened a support case with our vendor, but I also want to add to this topic.  We have VVX 500's and 600's.  I too rolled back from 5.4.0.5841 to 5.1.2.1801 and that fixed the call drop issue but then I noticed that the phones didn't ring for incoming calls from outside the network.  Internal calls were fine.  So I had to go back to the current version so we could have the phone's ring. 

HP Recommended

Hello cbrown,

Have you got a serial number / MAC Address that you used to log this ticket so I can check the status?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

SteffenBaierUK,

Great news! My issue is fixed.  We made adjustments to four trunk settings and the issue seems to be cleared up.  It also fixed the issue with transfers failing (but that's a different post).

I opened a case with the vendor that helped us with our Lync Server 2013 deployment so I worked with one of their technicians.  I tried to open a support case with Polycom but they said it's only for website issues??  Whatever, my problem has been fixed (fingers crossed).

HP Recommended

We're having the exact same issue. We're running VVX 500's running 5.4.0A.10182.

HP Recommended

Has there been any progress made on this issue. We are having the same problem on firmware 5.4.3.1014. This is a huge problem for us as we cannot place any calls on hold!

HP Recommended

Hello all,

As already explained in prior replies you will need to open a service ticket with your Polycom reseller so Polycom support can have a look at this.

If the reseller is some Internet discounter and is unable or unwilling to do this please provide me with a MAC address of one of the phones and I look this up.

Just in case any follow up questions are raised:

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.