Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Appreciate it, I rolled back every version, and it started in 5.8.2.  Others listed it as 5.9x...but after rolling back now to 5.8.1.7278, it went away.

So...will wait and see if the 3 revision of releases fix this finally so I can upgrade and deal with the BToE at a single go.

Thanks

HP Recommended
The next 5.8.3 and 5.9.2 will include the fixes once released.
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

So, the next two releases, in fact, 6.0.0, does not fix the issue.  The phone still shows the alert on a reboot that the USB devices needs a power adapter for charging etc...

3 releases later, same problem exists.  I've tested on all versions.  Back to 5.8.1.7278, that is the last firmware that works and doesn't throw the message.

HP Recommended

Hello @Seth777 ,

welcome back to the Poly Community.

The trouble with all of this is me assuming you are seeing the same error as we have fixed. Due to the fact, no concrete details have been provided, I can only guess it is the same.

If this is service impacting for your organization please go ahead and raise this the official way.

If not you found a workaround using older software.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Well, it didn't work the factory reset.  The first boot, it isn't there.  But you reboot the phone again, and you get the message again.

VVX 601, anything after the 5.8.1 firmware update, all revisions do it.  It is a small 32GB USB plugged into the back of the phone with a simple .jpg for our screen saver.

Anyway...

https://imgur.com/uEJe4PC

HP Recommended

Hello @Seth777 ,

thanks for providing more details but in order to proceed this has to come to Poly Support. Please supply a MAC address so I can look up who would be supporting you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Just tested with v5.9.2.3446 and v6.0.0.4796 on a VVX601 phone

The annoying splash screen warning is gone, but it still appears as an alarm Icon on top

HP Recommended

Hello @LuisR ,

welcome back to the Poly Community.

Jul 11, 2014 Question: What is the warning indication/triangle that shows on the phone since UCS 5.1.1?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The steps described above should reset the error.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

This is still happening.  Any insight on when this will be resolved?

HP Recommended

attaching 2 pictures to see if we are all talking about the same thing.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.