Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Cannot prevent Teams from updating my VVX UC firmware

SOLVED
Matt Freeman
Frequent Advisor

Cannot prevent Teams from updating my VVX UC firmware

I have a number of VVX phones all running 5.9.6.2327 and I get the dreaded problem of these back-revving to the completely unstable 5.9.6.0 version when they sign into Teams/SFB Online. I've used the suggested configuration script:

<PARAMETERS device.set="1" device.prov.lyncDeviceUpdateEnabled.set="1" device.prov.lyncDeviceUpdateEnabled="0" lync.provisionDeviceParams.enabled="0" />

However this isn't sticking. In fact if I apply this and export out the device configuration immediately, I can see it has reverted even though the phone is not signed in. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do next?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rgsteele
Valued Contributor

Re: Cannot prevent Teams from updating my VVX UC firmware

You need to use the Set-CSIPPhonePolicy command in a Skype for Business Online PowerShell  session to disable device updates:

Set-CsIPPhonePolicy -EnableDeviceUpdate $False

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @Matt Freeman ,

Welcome back to the Poly community.

Some or a couple of your old post(s) or reply(s) to them => here <= are still open/pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least provide some form of feedback or answer.

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilize the community more efficiently. Please do not simply mark them without any type of feedback.

Based on the above the willingness to try and help is not really there as this may end up in the same state.

Try:

Settings > Logging > Global Settings > Global Log Level Limit > Debug

Settings > Logging > Global Settings > Global Log Level Limit > Log File Size (Kbytes) > Trio 8300 & VVX after 5.5.0 = 1000

Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > Configuration > Debug

Replicate the issue via importing the configuration

- Diagnostics > View & Download Logs > UCS Application > Export

- Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
rgsteele
Valued Contributor

You need to use the Set-CSIPPhonePolicy command in a Skype for Business Online PowerShell  session to disable device updates:

Set-CsIPPhonePolicy -EnableDeviceUpdate $False

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3