Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello I am running into a problem where I have painstakingly gone through and added 100 contacts from my directory to my two expansion modules and found that I cannot add anymore. Now there are clearly 68 unused buttons that I have left availble but I was only allowed to add 100 contacts. How can this be fixed?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello @BenJohnson,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In addition are you using EFLK ?

If yes then see => here <= where I explained this in detail.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Okay I see that you said "most users" don't want to populate the three different layers of the expansion module but why am I to operate under those restrictions when the intention of the product is to support that functionality? What else am I to do with these keys and if that is the case I should just return the expansion module? Polycom is restricting the use of its own product to the point of where I will spend less on its products as a result.

HP Recommended

Hello @BenJohnson,

first of all, your reply is still missing the minimum required detail.

In addition we still do not know what mode your Phone is configured as 200 Favorites via the Skype for Business client is a Microsoft imposed restriction.

In addition I stated in the other post "many" and not most but as outlined this is a technical restriction.

If you would like to request a change via a feature requets this is outlined in this FAQ post:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The version is: 5.8.0.12386

And yes we are using EFLK that is why I am referencing not being able to add more than 100 contacts.

HP Recommended

Hello @BenJohnson,

Polycom cannot do more and try to document any restrictions a user may find.

The EFLK FAQ contains this information and I am working on the official documentation to make this more clear.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

So why do you reccommend a possible feature request to fix this then state that Polycom cannot do more? Is there a possibility of fixing this or not? There should be if it is enforced by Polycom they have the ability to change it as well.

HP Recommended

Hello @BenJohnson,

I can only state what is working now and why it is restricted. I am not a developer so I cannot answer details on this.

So far I am not aware of anyone else being impacted by this very specific limitation.

If you want this feature I suggest you get it raised and then Polycom can look at why we restricted this and maybe enhance the feature if technically possible.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

You just linked a page to someone experiencing this same issue what do you mean there is nobody else?

HP Recommended

Hello @BenJohnson,

I linked this discussion to a post where someone assumed this should be possible and I then clarified that this is not.

I believe we discussed all we can in here so I go ahead and close this as additional steps have been explained.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.