Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have several VVX410 and VVX400 with Polycom UC Software versions 5.4.4 Rev E who will do a coredump when you remove the network cable from them.

Although we have in the config the following line:

<diags diags.dumpcore.enabled="0"></diags>

but still the phones will dump one of more core files.

As this takes sometimes ernormous time we would like to disable this.

Is there a way to do this?

Best regards,

Albert van Alphen

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Albert van Alphen,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I assume this happens in Lync base profile only or is this SIP ?

Did you export your configuration and check the parameter has been added?

I would like you to get this escalated if you could so we can verify and possibly fix it.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. In case this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, we are using them with a Lync profile.

I just exported the config and found in the Export_all.cfg this line:

diags.dumpcore.enabled="0"

The reseller won't /can't do this for us but we do have bought warranty for these devices so we could claim support.

The MAC address is 0004F2DFD9C0

HP Recommended

Hello Albert,

The phone was sold via Go Telecom B.V. back in 10/09/2015 so it is still under warranty.

I can also see that someone opened a ticket 1-2748131151 back in May but it was never followed up from the user side.

Are these phone PoE powered or using a power supply so I can understand the network cable comment a bit clearer?

I suggest you work with Go Telecom and provide a backup of the Configuration and all the core dumps you have so far or replicate again and provide the new one.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

I never heared of Go Telecom B.V. but we do have bought with the phone 3Y Partner Premier SVC VVX300 & 400 (4870-01059-360).

I understood from our supplier (Centralpoint) where we bought them that we ourselves can open a ticket with Polycom Support with this. Correct if I am wrong.

The phones are indeed PoE and so are our switches, the phone does not have a power supply.

beste regards,

Albert

HP Recommended

Hi Albert,

yes it was you in 1-2748131151 so please go ahead and raise this again and mention this topic and my name as I am most likely to receive this once it has gone through Tier 1 / Tier 2 support.

Go Telecom is who we sold the phone via and they usually the Tier 1 support for any End Customer cases without a support contract during warranty.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

FYI, 

Service Request Number 1-3444450051 was successfully created

Best regards,

Albert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.