Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hello
I have a Cx5500 installed with the last firmware. It configured with an Office365 account. I connected. I can find all the contacts of my organization. But can't make a video conference. I can only make audio conference. When I connect the Cx5500 via USB to a computer with Skype for business client everything is working fine.

Thanks for your help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Patsky,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This is how the CX5500 works.

Its a mix between a Conference Phone (Audio only) and a USB Camera via the USB connection.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Patsky,

This is how the CX5500 works.

Its a mix between a Conference Phone (Audio only) and a USB Camera via the USB connection.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
OK. Thank you for your help.
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen Baier,

I'm well aware that this is an old Thread. But I need a bit more clearance about this topic.

You are saying, that it isn't possible to make a Skype for Business Video Call without a PC connected to the USB Port. Ist that correct?

Sincerely,

Stefan Gruber

Systemadministrator

HP Recommended

Hello @s.gruber,

The original reply already outlines this. In addition this is documented in the Data Sheet >here<

Video/Voice Part:

• Easy to deploy and use An intuitive design with full plug-and-play functionality makes it easy to deploy and use the Polycom CX5500. With little or no training, anyone with a laptop that has Skype for Business can walk into the room and simply plug the CX5500 unified conference station into their PC’s USB port and start sharing voice and 360-degree panorama video. Control, invitations, and content sharing are through the familiar Skype for Business user interface your users already know and use every day. Removing the challenge of learning a remote control device means fewer support calls and no need for “in room” support from the IT department to get video conference calls started.

Audio Part:

• Audio quality matters The Polycom® CX5500 unified conference station features Polycom’s legendary audio bringing the industry’s best voice quality to your Skype for Business meeting with a dynamic range of 160Hz to 22,000Hz. Polycom® HD Voice™ and a microphone range of 20 feet (6 m) means everyone in the room can be clearly heard, even at the end of the table. Optional microphones extend the range even further, if needed. Customers can also make voice-only calls from a CX5500 when it is registered as a SIP phone to either a Skype for Business/Lync server or an IP PBX, eliminating the need to for IT to install a separate audio conference station in the room.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen Baier,

thank you for your reply. I'm sorry for bothering you. But I really needed a profound and fully formulated answer to this topic. Your Answer confirms my already done research. Kudos to you.

Sincerely

Stefan Gruber

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.