Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

I have several Poly CCX 400 and none will show in the Teams Admin Center, any ideas? The device is logged in and working.

Thanks

Trent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I've managed to get this working.

1. Factory reset phone.
  2. Upgrade using USB from v1 to 6.2.22.0185
  3. Turn on the web admin on the phone.
  4. Upgrade to v6.2.23.0304
  5. Sign in on device itself
  6. Device working
  7. Upgrade firmware to latest via web admin
  8. Now working and showing in Teams Admin Centre

No changes we made on the Microsoft side at all, have been able to reproduce this on 3 different poly devices and different users. The only real change is the firmware, again no changes made on the Microsoft side to get this working.

Thanks

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @TrentQ ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

Please also include if you are using this in Microsoft Teams Mode or in Skype for Business mode.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Version: 6.2.22.0185

Teams mode.

Thanks

Trent.

HP Recommended

Hello @TrentQ ,

This is not a supported version. the current UC Software 7.0.3 is hosted in the Microsoft TAC and should be used.

If the issue still appears please work with our partner Microsoft who hosts the Microsoft Teams platform and provides manufacturers like Poly and others with the Microsoft Teams IP Phone app and the other apps running on our phones for Microsoft Teams integration.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

As these devices aren't showing in the Tams Admin Centre I can't upgrade them.

Is there a USB firmware upgrade option for this?

HP Recommended

Hello @TrentQ ,

From our general VoIP FAQ:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Dec 04, 2015 Question:How can I provision/upgrade the software via USB for the Poly Trio, CCX and/or Visual+?

Resolution: Please check this post => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I've read both articles and it would seem the answer is no, it cannot be upgraded via USB beyond v6.2.22.0185.

Is that correct?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello @TrentQ ,

• Visit our support page and download the preferred software
  • Unzip the file
  • Copy the file with all its structure to a USB Stick which has been Fat32 formatted
  • Put the USB Stick into the Phone
  • Follow the instructions

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks, I downloaded the latest firmware for CCX 400, extracted the zip and copied all the files and folders to a FAT2 USB, I put the USB into the phone but nothing has come up on the screen of the phone.

Thanks

Trent.

HP Recommended

Hello @TrentQ ,

Please check that the Web Interface is enabled:

Apr 1, 2020 Question: How can I enable the Web Interface on a Poly phone running in Teams mode?

Resolution: Please check >here<

Once this is done copy all the data from the 1st Page after the Password logon and reply to here so we can see the details of the unit.

If there is no Web Interface:

Dec 02,2020 Question: Why can I not enable the Web Interface of a CCX 400 as described for other phones?

Resolution: The CCX 400 may be running software 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 and needs to be upgraded as described >here< in order to enable the Web Interface and many other features.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.