Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm trying to manage a bunch of VVX 250 phones in a Skype for Business environment. Specifically, I'm trying to pre-configure the line keys. The VVX has 4 line keys of which the first one is reserved for Skype for Business. I have setup a 000000_directory.xml file and this is distributed to all the phones. The keys work as designed and the entries are correct. However, on some phones I want to divert from the settings in the standard file. I have setup a MAC_directory.xml and it's loaded onto the phone but the phone ignores the file and sticks to to the 00000_directory.xml. 

How do I overwrite the 000000_directory.xml with the MAC_directory.XML? Or is there another way to achieve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @RobbG ,

Welcome to the Poly Community. Your post was moved to the right section.

From our "normal" Voice FAQ:

Jan 6, 2012 Question: How can I create a local contact directory/phonebook or what is the 000000000000-directory.xml used for?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

From the Skype for Business FAQ:

Jan 04, 2016 Question: Can I change / re-assign the appearance of a Line and/or Presence Keys?

Resolution: Please check => here <= and the limit using EFLK is 100.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Unfortunately the articles do not answer my question.

I'm aware of the 00000_directory.xml. It's what I use to distribute the default key settings to all phones..

However, what if I want to have a different key settings on some phones without having to make manual changes? According to the guide I can place a MAC_directory.xml on the phone but it's not applied.

I also found that if I make manual changes to the entries on the phone then they are gone after the next reboot, probably because the 0000_directory.xml takes precedence?

Rephrasing the question: How do I make sure that the MAC_directory.xml gets applied?

HP Recommended

Hello @RobbG ,

So far we know nothing about what type of provisioning server you are using? Does it allow to append a file? Most likely, this is your problem. We do recommend FTP servers.

We also have not seen any logs.

The next step, if no other volunteer has any ideas is to contact your reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I'm using Polycom Real Presence Resource Manger 10.0.6 as a provisioning server. I believe it works lthe same way as an FTP server in that the files are copied to the phone at boot time.

This text is straight from the Resource Manager Admin Guide: 

"RealPresence Resource Manager supports uploading global 000000000000-* file for all provisioned phones and uploading files for specific phones. When you upload a global 000000000000-* file as a resource file, for example, 000000000000-
directory.xml, or 000000000000-license.cfg file, this file will be applied to all the
phones that are provisioned by the RealPresence Resource Manager system.

And it works (sort of). But how would I override this setting on a single phone? Or how are others doing this? 

I'd be happy to provide log files but I'm really looking for advice on how to centrally configure the speed dial buttons. 

HP Recommended

Hello @RobbG ,

We kind of need all this info at the beginning of a post as this influences what answers we can provide. In addition, attaching a backup PBU file can help us as there are parameters that can prevent users from making changes to the directory file.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.