Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Model(s): Poly CCX 400

Firmware: 6.2.22.0185

Profile: Skype for Business (on-premises)

I have some dozens of CCX phones configured with the following update settings (managed by RPRM):

device.prov.lyncDeviceUpdateEnabled.set="1"
device.prov.lyncDeviceUpdateEnabled="0"
device.prov.ztpEnabled.set="1"
device.prov.ztpEnabled="0"

lync.deviceUpdate.popUpSK.enabled="0"
lync.deviceUpdate.serverPollInterval="7200"
lync.deviceUpdate.userInactivityTimeout="900"
lync.provisionDeviceParams.enabled="0"
prov.polling.enabled="1"
prov.polling.mode="random"
prov.polling.period="28800"
prov.polling.time="22:00"
prov.polling.timeRandomEnd="03:00"
prov.userControl.enabled="1"
prov.userControl.postponeTime="01:00"

I assigned a new firmware version to a pilot group of them. They download the firmware but the are not restarting automatically after the user timeout.
- Is there something missing?
- Do I need to include some scheduled restart parameters?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @LRamos ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

At present updates are disabled based on your config:

device.prov.lyncDeviceUpdateEnabled="0"

I suggest you check my colleagues Jeff Schertz Blog >here<

It should be:

device.prov.lyncDeviceUpdateEnabled="1"

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Ok, I will try that one for this evening.
I was reading this article and assumed that it was to update from a SfB Server:
"the time interval in seconds that the phone sends a software update request to the Skype for Business Server"

And I am providing the software throw the Poly RPRM server which is actually downloading it

HP Recommended

Hello @LRamos ,

I miss read your original message. If the update is coming from RPRM then the configuration used is correct.

I would say to check that there was no update server set via Utilities > Software update

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

All the phone settings and provisioning are done throw the RPRM

The phone software upgrade is on default.

After I assign the new firmware to the pilot phones, they download it from RPRM.
We can see on the phone screen the red dot notification, but we need to locally go throw the menus to apply it. It like the user timeout is getting ignored.

I will try now to set the prov.userControl.enable = 0

HP Recommended

Just a feedback from my pilot testing.

prov.userControl.enable = 0 the phones reboot after downloading and applying the firmware

prov.userControl.enable = 0 the phones downloaded the firmware, display the information but wait until a local user triggers the update

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.