Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Group Paging Feature when using MS Teams

SOLVED
Highlighted
Advisor

Group Paging Feature when using MS Teams

It looks like MS Teams doesn't have any built in Group Paging feature.  I have a CCX 500 desk phone on order for testing.  Is there anyway to do group paging on the Polycom side?  If so, how would I set it up and what are the limitations?

I did find this info regarding group paging solution on the VVX and Trio devices. https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/ucs-ag-5-7/page/c-ucs-ag-group-paging.html 

If it can't be done on the CCX series, I could strategically place those in areas where we need paging heard or some type of speaker would work for us as well.

I'm new to Polycom and Teams so any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Re: Group Paging Feature when using MS Teams

Microsoft has announced a walkie-talkie feature is coming to Teams. Assuming the feature is added to the desk phone app, it may meet your needs.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2020/01/09/8-new-capabilities-microsoft-365-empow...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @kweegup ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

At present, you cannot use the "original" UC Paging functionality.

I believe Microsoft is looking at added such feature but I am unaware of time line etc.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Microsoft has announced a walkie-talkie feature is coming to Teams. Assuming the feature is added to the desk phone app, it may meet your needs.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2020/01/09/8-new-capabilities-microsoft-365-empow...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Advisor

The push-to-talk feature seems like it could work if you can do push-to-talk on a team which could be set up as a page group.  The article doesn't give too many details so hard to tell if it would work or when it's even going to become available.

Message 4 of 4