Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'd like to click on a phone number cell in Microsoft Office 365 (Excel) and have that number sent to my Polycom IP 550 and dialed.  The computer and phone are connected via ethernet (Peer to Peer). Looking for help in this... Is there a macro I can create?  Does anyone have any support documentation to accomplish?  Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Bbellingrath,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:
Apr 21, 2015 Question: Can I use advanced remote control possibilities / CTI?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffan,

Wow, a little overwhelmed with the technical detail to this question, is there possibly a more refined answer?  Just trying to write a macro in Excel and wondering how to send phone number info to the phone and dial.  Is there possibly another resourse or a 3rd party solution I could look at?

Sorry to have to come back to you on this, just don't know what to do with the answer provided...

Warm Regards,

Brad Bellingrath

HP Recommended

Any updates on  dialing a phone number from Office 365 (Excel) to my IP 550?

HP Recommended

Hello Brad Bellingrath,

we, Polycom, do not offer such software.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffan,

Yes, I understand but actually just looking for documentation to make this happen from Microsoft Excel or any Office program.  The best vehicle would probably be a macro or some kind of VBA script.  So, not asking for the software but just the documentation...Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Yes, I understand but actually just looking for documentation to make this happen from Microsoft Excel.  The best vehicle will probably be for us to write a macro or some kind of VBA script.  So, not asking for the software but just the documentation write a quick script to accomplish...Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello Bbellingrath,

I replied how the phone could support this and in addition explained that Polycom does not offer such software.

There is no need to ask me again as all I could tell you has been provided.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.