Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Polycom vvx410/500
Software: 5.9.2.3446
Audiocodes Mediant 800 gateway
Skype for Business 2015 server backend

I got res.quotas.tone="1024" configured, and our file is 990kb, under the limit, but it will not play it.

The relevant entries I've got are:

• feature.moh.filename="Efinity.wav"
  • res.quotas.tone="1024"

as shown in the config dump I've attached, but I also see in that same dump an entry of:

• feature.moh.filename="Polycom-hold.wav"

My question is: The Polycom hold music plays instead of mine, is it because the original one is still listed in the config? I've looked all over in the configuration on the webpage, but can't find any mention of it. 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @luke.edson ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

In the <CONFIG_FILES section of your backup we can see someone specified the Polycom-hold.wav.

Later on, someone manually set the Web Interface (<WEB) to feature.moh.filename="Efinity.wav". Most likely, I am assuming here, the phone tries to load the original first and then runs out of memory.

You could post some logs with Copy and CURL at event 2 or so. Or ensure your phone does not load any config from the FTP server specifying both. 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you so much Steffen for the reply.

I don't know how to Copy and CURL at event 2, do you have a link with documentation you can point me to for that?

Attached is the support package download from a VVX500

Thank you,

Luke

HP Recommended

Hi Luke,

before I can comment any further a check of the single MAC address revealed you are utilizing a non-Skype/ LYNC SKU aka -025

I can see the phone(s) was purchased via GECDF-NETXUSA back in 14/12/2015

Please be aware of the following when utilizing UCS 4.1.0 or later:

The use of Polycom UC Software versions 4.1.X (“Software”) requires the purchase of a separate Software license for every device that will use the Software in a LYNC / Skype for Business environment. You may not install, access, or use the Software in a LYNC / Skype for Business environment on more devices that are listed on your license until additional licenses have been purchased and authorized by Polycom. These licenses should be purchased from the same company from which you purchased the devices. You may operate devices against a LYNC / Skype for Business server for trial purposes for up to 30 days without purchasing a license. Use of the Software is subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement.

Poly reserves the right to audit your deployment to verify that you have sufficient licenses to match the number of devices being used.

Information in regards to License Part Numbers can be found here

Can you please provide either the purchase order for all the phone from the same type to prove you are authorized and licensed to use these with Skype?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I honestly have no idea where this got purchased, it's been on our bench as a testing device for quite a while now.

To purchase support for it, how do we go about that?

HP Recommended

Hello @luke.edson ,

you would need to check your whole estate to verify they are either the -018 or -019 SKU and if not purchase the individual per device Lync / Skype for Business license as described in my quoted reply.

This alone does not provide you with maintenance or support. Its a simple requirement just like you would have to have a volume license for a Microsoft product.

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

The above mentions some Poly Support offerings for End Customers => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Is there somewhere you can point me to to verify the SKUs? Is there a URL I can input the MAC addresses into?

I believe some of our phones were purchased on Amazon.

HP Recommended

Hi @luke.edson 

Amazon should have the ability to look up the stock they sold you.

If you have 2200-44500-025 then it is a non-Skype SKU for which you so far have provided an individual Mac for a VVX 500. 

2200-44500-018 or 2200-44500-019 would be the correct one to use with Skype for Business.

This ensures you are using the right type of phone. A bit similar to Microsoft checking all PC's have the correct license and features like Office are licensed.

I already replied in regards to service agreements.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

It took a min to get the order in, but we ordered several 2200-48450-019 devices (VVX 411) to test out, and yes, we've got the same problem with them.

Attached is the support package from one of those devices.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.