Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

MS Teams - Unable to add Contacts from CCX phone history

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

MS Teams - Unable to add Contacts from CCX phone history

Hello, First of all thanks for this community, I could find solutions for all of my problems in these forum. Here is the issue that I am facing. We have deployed CCX 400 and 500 series phones for MS Teams in our Tenant. One of our remote team uses CCX 500 to receive and make calls. They don't use a desktop or laptop.

The problem with this setup is we couldn't add numbers to the contacts from Call History. But we can add them to Favorites.  When I add it, the phone asks me to create a group and I get " Java.Net.UnknownHostException: Unable to resolve host "teams.microsoft.com": no address associated with hostname" error.

If I choose an existing group, I get "Error This user cannot be added as a contact as its invalid" error. I tried multiple formats and it didn't let me add it

Tags (3)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: MS Teams - Unable to add Contacts from CCX phone history

Hello @Aramesh ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

It would be interesting to find what software version you are seeing this with. If this is on the current 6.2.22.0185 please follow below:

July 31. 2019 Question: How can I report Issues with Teams running on a Poly phone in Native Teams mode?

Resolution: Please collect the Logs as shown => here <=  and submit them to our Partner Microsoft. You will need to work with Microsoft for this via the explained method >here<

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Hello Steffen Baier, here are the version details

Teams app version: 1449/1.0.94.2020091801

Phone Firmware Version: 6.2.22.0185.

I will open a ticket with MS Premier Support

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @Aramesh 

thanks for this as Microsoft owns the application. We simply cannot open a ticket on a customers behalf especially if we are unable to replicate the issue.

To my own personal knowledge, this has not as of yet been reported anywhere globally.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Hello @SteffenBaierUK,

I agree with you. I wanted to check whether you or @jschertz has seen this issue before. I will keep this thread updated in case I get any update from MS. The unique thing about this is, the users don't use the same outlook account or desktop application. The phone is used as a common area phone with O365 F3 and a phone system license. I could replicate the issue on my test phone too, where I have an E5 license. 

Message 5 of 5