Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Method to download firmware from MS Teams Portal to local push to Poly Trio C60s

SOLVED
simmo
Occasional Advisor

Method to download firmware from MS Teams Portal to local push to Poly Trio C60s

Hi,

Has anyone discovered a method to download firmware updates for Team Phones from Microsoft.

We have many phones and using the Teams Admin Console to initiate firmware updates is:

(a) quite black box

(b) unreliable and unpredictable

(c) logging on phones to see if download of firmware actually happening not obvious

I would like the ability to download the firmware from Teams for our Trio C60's and distribute via our provisioning server on site Has any done this?

Nick

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Method to download firmware from MS Teams Portal to local push to Poly Trio C60s

Hello @simmo ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

As outlined in the general VoIP FAQ:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Ensure you download the relevant Microsoft compatible Software for the C60 from >here<

At the time of writing, this is UC Software 5.9.5 Rev AC

Ensure you enable the C60 to have this parameter:

<web prov.startupCheck.enabled="1"/>

Ensure any potential download server is cleared via Utilities > Software Upgrade > Clear Upgrade Server

Setup a DHCP option 161 to point to your provisioning server.

This way you can configure the basic credentials and language, Time etc. as an example shows >here<

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SteffenBaierUK

Re: Method to download firmware from MS Teams Portal to local push to Poly Trio C60s

Hello @simmo ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

As outlined in the general VoIP FAQ:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Ensure you download the relevant Microsoft compatible Software for the C60 from >here<

At the time of writing, this is UC Software 5.9.5 Rev AC

Ensure you enable the C60 to have this parameter:

<web prov.startupCheck.enabled="1"/>

Ensure any potential download server is cleared via Utilities > Software Upgrade > Clear Upgrade Server

Setup a DHCP option 161 to point to your provisioning server.

This way you can configure the basic credentials and language, Time etc. as an example shows >here<

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
simmo
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your reply Steffen, out of interest do you know if there is an article on how to set up a provisioning server. I have a link to one on youtube but i'm wondering it there is an official Poly document on this.

Nick

Message 3 of 7
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @simmo 

did you check the whole FAQ post about Provisioning?

It describes FTP, HTTP and HTTPs

Best regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

Message 4 of 7
simmo
Occasional Advisor

Found it - thanks again Steffen

Polycom UC Software Administrator Guide

Message 5 of 7
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @simmo 

not sure you checked my reply:

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

Message 6 of 7
simmo
Occasional Advisor

OK that's easier. Thanks for the links.

Nick

Message 7 of 7