Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

As Microsoft will upgrade their O365 login to support only OAuth 2.0 can you please let me know which Polycom Trio and VVX  firmware start support the OAuth 2 ?

Microsoft related article https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Skype-for-Business-Blog/OAuth-2-0-and-third-party-application...

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

Hello @Nikos Lionas ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

As this is not yet live yet we are evaluating this and will provide an update closer to the date once Microsoft switches this over.

If you require an urgent update please work with your Poly Reseller to get a support ticket opened. 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your reply.

As there will be alot of devices that will affected will be good if we can have a prior information as we need to plan to upgrade the firmware to many devices.

HP Recommended

There's more information about the change here: 

http://imaucblog.com/archive/2019/04/26/microsoft-online-device-registration-with-oauth-2-0-via-3rd-... 

...and it contains a link to the Poly consent URL:

https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/adminconsent?client_id=a850aaae-d5a5-4e82-877c-ce54ff916282...

You will need to sign in with your Global Admin ID credentials. 

HP Recommended

Hi Joe,

It is clear what all of us will need to perform to the O365 , what is not clear is if there will be the need of the Polycom devices firmware change and also which firmware version on Polycom end supports the Microsoft change.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I've read there is supposed to be a firmware update as well as the URL... Not sure if that's correct though. 

HP Recommended

Nikos,

The post was updated since I linked to it this morning. It now shows the following table:

Device name Software Version Timeline

VVX Phones   5.9.3                      Mid-May

Poly Trio         5.9.0 Rev AB         Mid-May

Group Series  6.2.1.1                   Mid-June

HP Recommended

Hi Joe,

In the meantime i got a response also from the polycom reseller that "Oauth is supported in UCS5.5.x and above" so it is not very clear yet.

will wait also Polycom official to post something about this.

HP Recommended

Some naïve questions below, posting it here instead of a separate thread as it might become relevant to some users trying to align with this particular Microsoft change:

1) How best to update the Firmware for VVX300 and Trio 8800. Are the updates pushed to devices automatically or do we have to update the firmware ourselves. For our VVX300 and Trio 8800 devices the current firmware version does sound like a recent version (even though not the latest versions). Will the upgrade in mid-May be installed automatically or do we need to provide permission to the partner before it can be roll out automatically?

2) The current firmware versions on our devices and the firmware versions authorized by Microsoft (links below) does not line up for our VVX300 phones (though the Trio 8800 does line up): 

VVX300 -- Version on our Devices (5.9.0.9373) - Version Authorized by Microsoft (5.3.0.12074) Microsoft Link: https://partnersolutions.skypeforbusiness.com/solutionscatalog/ip-phones/polycom-vvx-300-and-310

Trio 8800 -- Version on our Devices (5.5.4.2255) - Version Authorized by Microsoft (5.5.4.2255) Microsoft Link: https://partnersolutions.skypeforbusiness.com/solutionscatalog/meeting-peripherals/polycom-realprese...

3) How do we see the existing "Application IDs" for our devices. Once the firmware is upgraded, how do we ensure we are connected through the correct application ID and there will be no issues on 1st-July.

4) If we upgrade a phone and there are issues, how do we go back to the previous configuration. Is there any backup we can take and upload that in case of any issues.

5) When I try to register my products using their serial numbers, I get the message "No products found". We installed the products through a reseller in year 2016.

Thank-you.

HP Recommended

Another question was, since "Skype for Business Online Plan 2" is being retired effective July 1st as well and existing devices may need to be shifted to plans supporting Microsoft Teams (possibly shift devices to “Office-365 Business Essential” plan), so if Polycom's updates are being made available on mid-May then will Polycom support both applications (SfB and Microsoft Teams)?  Do we need to accept Polycom's permission request for both separately?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.